USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Ohhh no dropped ED2 there lol. Good choice?

Yes visiting tomorrow haha

32! Yup 3 EA flagships will come out tomorrow (But USC superiority). And then ~16 T20’s + 8 UCs left in March + 3 CSUs. Just keeping some of my options open

Good to keep options open, your opinion and choice can change over next couple months as you learn more about each one. Glad you are visiting! I will be at USC this weekend! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Catch lunch at Village or Lemomade above the Ronald Tutor Center and take in the melting pot that is USC.

My daughter said that Lemonade closed.

Got an email yesterday – correcting date to February 1st

2 Likes

Oh noooo was not aware! Going this weekend so you saved me a walk over. Village for lunch it is! Thanks @Marcie123

CC threads in the past, back in 2013 and 2014, prepared my older daughter well for the freshman housing situation. She also used CC back then to locate a prospective roommate for freshman year… and then they both requested Webb and got it. She preferred the idea of an apartment versus a dorm and loved it there… A/C, private bath, kitchen, living room. She chose Century for her sophomore and junior years for the same reason. It is great to see so many options available to freshmen currently… traditional residence halls (dorms), suites and even apartments again. Some freshmen clearly prefer the dorms due to the likely true impression that dorm-life may enhance their social-life, but that’s actually of course available to all freshmen regardless of their housing assignment. My daughter chose A/C & extra space & conveniences over dorm life. You can always of course go to a dorm or party elsewhere, but then you at least get to return to your larger apartment. At least that was her logic. Many of her friends instead chose dorms and had great experiences. Some did complain occasionally about the lack of A/C. That was especially true when visiting her apartment - as they then realized what they were lacking. But that is the great thing about USC Housing… lots of options and the ability to choose among them. We live in FL, and personally I cannot imagine any apartment or dorm, even in L.A., without A/C. But to many others, they cannot imagine being anywhere else but at a traditional dorm environment like Birnkrant.

All available housing options are described well at New tab (usc.edu) . Additionally, there are a series of excellent videos available at Housing Videos | USC Housing . So, research well and decide on your own preferences. But do yourself a favor and sign up for housing first thing in the morning (9am Pacific) on February 1st.

1 Like

Thank you sooo much !!!

1 Like

From what I understand from the detailed housing posts…important to sign up and pay $55. Dorm preferences etc can be updated later too. Do I have it correct ?

Yes… correct. Regarding USC Housing, it all hinges on when you sign-up within the portal and pay that small fee. You do not also need to make the deposit to commit to enrolling at USC in order to do so, so if at all considering enrolling at USC later, it is wise to sign-up. You can alter preferences and/or search for a roommate and/or request one on-going through the eventual portal closing much later. USC Housing will go with the sign-up order when assigning housing later, using the roommate (if applicable) with the earliest sign-up time/date.

2 Likes

Hi All, regarding the housing at USC, we are looking at options for our daughter. What are the main differences between residence hall and suites. Are suites also not lije dorm with a collection of many suites in the same building. So giving a similar effect as a dorm? Hope someone can explain more. Thanks in advance.

And yes one more - what is the village which was referred before

The best was Will Ferrell as the keynote speaker for my son’s 2017 commencement! Inspirational and funny at the same time!

I could be wrong but I thought Mork and Stamps are no longer awarded at USC.

For housing, generally Trustee gets priority over Presidential which gets priority over Deans. McCarthy is great! The vast majority that have it as an option choose it. The sophomore honors dorm is Ilium.

1 Like

Supposedly the law school cafe has great salmon bowls. I’m not sure if they are open on weekends.

1 Like

What I posted was from the USC web site. But you are probably correct as Trustees + Presidential is more than number of McCarthy available slots.

1 Like

My daughter is a freshman in Birnkrant and she adores it. Has made amazing friends, loves the freshman quad location and can see the Hollywood sign from her window :sunglasses:

6 Likes

There are many potential differences… like private bathroom versus public, A/C vs none, kitchen vs nothing, # of roommates, location on or near campus, etc. Dorms, suites and apartments vary widely by potential features. It is thus likely best to just see options online. You can see floorplans and features and locations for each. All available housing options are described well at New tab (usc.edu) . Additionally, there are a series of excellent videos available at Housing Videos | USC Housing . So, research well and decide on your own preferences.

1 Like

Yes… we watched the video online. He was great… as to be expected.

1 Like

Hi. I’m in the same boat. Can we get our sons to connect to see if they might be a good fit?

so no updates whatsoever, no emailing them? I’ve had really notable things go on this year and it. make me sad that USC won’t let me send any of it except my lackluster mid years, wish they had a LOCI or something

1 Like