USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

Ok so talked to FA They gave to my D her ID # 10 digit when she had only 9 before, and now it doesn’t work, even after they gave it to her. Lol. But they confirm they had the Fafsa and CSS and she still needs to send other docs. We’ll have to call again probably if her ID# doesn’t work.

Thanks for your insight @overit2019!

Sorry @seamom1 your question got buried, but see you already got a good answer, so here’s a little more data. Yes, they all choose from the many GE choices to fulfill the requirements below. If they plan right, they should be able to knock out the 10 requirements with 8 classes cause of overlap. GEs provide a broad base and can offer a lot of education diversity, but frankly, at about 2K per credit hour, we found some of the GEs a bit painful in terms of having to pay for classes that mine would rather have chosen something else.

While in the world of rainbows and unicorns every GE is amazing and wonderful, the truth is, sometimes a student is spending 8 grand for just “some class” that fits their schedule and satisfies the GE requirement. Of course they will learn something, but ya, $8K for a 4 credit class.

Core Literacies (8 courses)
GE-A The Arts (1 course)
GE-B Humanistic Inquiry (2 courses)
GE-C Social Analysis (2 courses)
GE-D Life Sciences (1 course)
GE-E Physical Sciences (1 course)
GE-F Quantitative Reasoning (1 course)

Global Perspectives (2 courses)
GE-G Citizenship in a Diverse World (1 course)
GE-H Traditions and Historical Foundations (1 course)

Is there a list somewhere of which APs fulfill which GEs? Can you get credit for all APs with a score of 4 or 5?

An AP score of 4 or 5 earn you 4 units of elective credit at USC, subject to a combined maximum of 32 credit units from AP, IB, etc. In addition, APs can be used to satisfy GE or foreign language requirements and/or waive certain prerequisites and/or degree requirements.

Please find details in the page below:

4 Likes

Do we know what time the announcements come out for merit?

The tend to do things close to office closing time in CA. So anytime between 3-5pm PST, depending if its an early out Friday. Decisions came out around 4:10pm.

just got an email - didn’t receive any merit

1 Like

My DS received an email a few minutes back. Finalist for Trustee and Presidential scholarship. Virtual interview to be scheduled.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!
Did they also make any updates on the portal?

No. I don’t think so.

My D23 is not home but she texted that she got an email that she is in the running for Trustee/Presidential. Separately her HS informed her that she made NMF. So good news for her.

4 Likes

Thanks @CADREAMIN!

Congats @voda2013! Wish her well in the interviews!

2 Likes

Congrats @privatems! Good luck with inteviews!

And to @voda2013 All interviews only virtual, no in person option?

Should deferred students upload mid year grades through the portal?

1 Like

Congratulations! So, with her acceptance in hand and NMF designation, she is guaranteed the half-tuition Presidential. She is interviewing for Trustee. :blush:

Did they mention an in-person Explore USC event in February or March?

And, to be clear, she did NOT receive information about travel reimbursement for Explore USC in April? Is that correct?

1 Like

Actually, you will see the option to schedule an interview in explore USC.

From what we see only Virtual interviews (at least for Dornsife, not sure about other schools). On campus in person Explore USC in April. off-campus available in march and April.

1 Like

Do all students receive notice about the scholarships, even those who are no longer in the running? I seem to remember that D22 got an email stating she was not a finalist, but D23 says she didn’t receive an email at all. D23 applied regular decision because she submitted an art portfolio.