USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

I had mentioned previously today that my two daughters shared a private 2 BR / 2 Bath (4 girls sharing) apartment on Royal Street at only $725 per month per person back in 2017-2018. It was $2900/month. As it was suggested that such rates are likely not possible anymore, which made sense as it was 6 years ago, I went ahead and checked with the landlord. He says that all of the contracts are signed for 2023-2024, but that the current rate and likely rate for next year is now $3200/month… or still just $800/month per person… for 11 months. As I recall, it was a rather large apartment with a kitchen and living area downstairs and 2 bedrooms and 2 baths upstairs. It had stainless appliances, granite counter-tops, etc. So, I was fairly impressed, especially for the price. The rent included water/garbage, but the girls spent like another $50/mo or so to cover the electric and private wi-fi… so it averaged out to be around $775/mo per person times the 11 mos lease back then. It would be more like $850/month or so all in this year. So, good deals are still possible… but they take some research or knowing the right people in time to secure them.

2 Likes

My son is currently a sophomore so he had to look for off campus housing with his current friend and roommate. They signed the lease for this fall in December, and I think their building (the Hub) is sold out. The buildings close to campus with many amenities/air conditioning, etc. and good security are Tuscany, Icon, Hub Coliseum (newest), Gateway, the 505, Lorenzo, and the new Hub Figueroa opening this fall. The price range is $1200 for two in a room to $2500 for their own room. Leases are 12 months, not 9. There are smaller apartment buildings and individual home rentals which are less but the don’t usually have the amenities and are further from campus. In comparison, we are paying $10K for an apartment in the Village this year.

1 Like

Thank you. I can’t imagine wanting to put 2 in a room, after living in the dorm. I figured it would be more for a single, than what I was reading.

The newest building, Hub Coliseum, only has single bedrooms, to your point, and they are opening another large Hub on Figueroa this fall with single rooms only. I think the Hub Coliseum is sold out already, since there is so much demand for single rooms now.

3 Likes

After having shared an 8 person suite in freshman year and a 3 person/1 bedroom at the Village this year, my son deserves his own bedroom. Fortunately one of his roommates also wanted his own room, so they are sharing a 2 bedroom apartment this fall. The demand for the closest buildings has increased so there is no negotiating - we felt grateful he even got a spot since it is so competitive. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Wow… that sounds like quite the housing history and I am so glad he has his own room next year!

Thank you - we are crossing our fingers we have an Annenberg admit by the end of the month!

2 Likes

Thanks for this. My daughter wants to do spring semester in DC when she’s a junior and I wondered if there were any alternatives to subletting. Sounds like if she can get a USC-owned apartment she could just do the fall semester and wouldn’t have to deal with subletting hassle.

Speaking of DC, so happy to see the new about the expanded center!

1 Like

Or she could take a sublet in the fall if she doesn’t get the housing.

1 Like

Rooting for you @Mamabear03! Hang in there!

Thank you!! (Aww, that made my day :heart:)

1 Like

Now just one week to go…

Best of luck to all of you awaiting the final decision via USC this cycle. Thankfully, the wait is nearly over. Just seven more days to go until USC posts the RD decisions to student portals on the afternoon of March 24th. Roughly 5,500 or so will be hearing the great news, joining the 2,400 or so already admitted EA.

Good Luck & Fight On!!! :v:

5 Likes

5500/80000 == 6.9% admit rate. USC, just give me my rejection already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the meantime, there are many good shows to stream / binge… The Last of Us, Wednesday, Shadow & Bone, Your Honor, Succession, Ted Lasso, Abbot Elementary, etc. … to help pass the time.

Any other suggestions?

3 Likes

Overall, it’s more like 7900 / 81000 or 9.75%. But still arduous. Good Luck…

4 Likes

Station 19, The Rookie Feds, Ginny and Georgia are some really good ones.

2 Likes

Did they email this? Where did you find the date?

They have posted it to their various social media accounts.

1 Like

The Mandalorian Season 3. :alien: :rocket:

2 Likes

Alice in Borderlands S2

2 Likes

Is anyone else missing their class underneath their FAST number? It used to say, “Class: Undergraduate” but now it doesn’t say anything, just my FAST number.

2 Likes