USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

My son is a sophomore at USC and we didn’t fill out the FAFSA. There was no communication between the time he applied and when he got accepted.

4 Likes

We had a school like this for my kid. His first choice when we started this process. He was deferred. He focused elsewhere and even better schools came rolling in. He did get in during RD, but immediately turned it down.

He has a few schools left to hear from, we are waiting to see what happens today.

We are not from CA, but I have to tell you all, this thread is wilder than even UT-Austin (which he did get into for engineering). We are also not from TX. We are from a rural Appalachian community with large poverty and poor education. Although my child has managed to overcome it. But I’ve learned a lot about what other people have available to them that we didn’t even know existed. So it’s been wild to learn about these schools through this site.

I appreciate the threads. We’re looking forward to the portal. It will either make his ultimate decision harder or easier.

9 Likes

Yep, same here. I also feel like between the time we applied to schools to the decisions trickling in now, we would have chosen to apply/not apply to certain schools. My son was offered admission at Cal Poly SLO Aerospace Engineering, and he really likes that campus and likes Cal Poly more and more as we visit Cal Poly parents pages, etc.
It’s like it takes the time from application until now, to really see what and where, matters most.

5 Likes

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

I was able to register for one of the dates. I thought it was going to eventually kick me out so I was shocked when it didn’t. Hope they don’t change the acceptance decision because we jumped ahead before they update portals!! We received confirmation emails too. The good news is that there was only one date we could attend, so if this means my D23 has been accepted, I’m glad we have the date we need!

1 Like

Did you try the meet the dean one? My said not eligible to attend…oh well…

1 Like

Where are you finding the place to try to sign up for the event? I’ve tried to find it on the site and cannot… is there a specific place to go? TIA :blush:

This may be real astro as I applied CS BA in Viterbi and was blocked

I tried to register for the Viterbi virtual tour and got “this event is reserved for admitted students only” :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

What time are results coming out today. Is it 5 or 8 pm pst

I just said that every event gives a different response… Certain event dates say one thing when you click it, and others say a different thing. but it says the same thing for everyone (depending on what event you click) .

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out how to even attempt to sign up for an event? I go to my daughter’s portal, where the ‘sign up for an event’ button takes me, and there is no place to go from there. Where did you find a place to try to sign up? Really trying to figure this out… know all will be revealed in a few hours, but I’m really curious about this! TIA!

Can you see if it lets you register for the demo classes? I went to explore USC one doesn’t work for me, but the classes say they are only available to Viterbi admits.

Should you be going into her portal? Boundaries parents.

5 Likes

She asked me to. She is in class. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I really wouldn’t read too much into all of this. Decisions are coming in hours…sit tight.

Good luck to everyone! I’ll see some of you for the SCend off that I host in the east cost.

#FightOn

6 Likes

What’s a send off?

1 Like

There isn’t any mention from USC that the RDs are coming out today. Did anyone receive a email from USC stating they are being released today?

This was just posted on one of my Facebook pages I follow. Looks to be sent to college counselors…

11 Likes

it was an instagram post

1 Like