USC Class of 2027 — Regular & Early Action Decisions

We haven’t heard of acceptance yet

1 Like

FL no email only portal update

ok, so Trojan Transfer lives on - my guess is letter is same as last year. If you want any info I’d be happy to chat about it via dm after you process all this.

2 Likes

anyone from texas have a result?

Nothing’s in my son’s portal either.

Are they moving east to west? they have done that before.

Texas, 4.6 gpa, 1500 sat, really strong LOR’s and EC’s, rejected but included this:

(name), the Viterbi School of Engineering and the Office of Admission have identified you as someone we hope will consider transferring to USC in the future. We hope you will join the Viterbi Pathways Program, a unique, invitation-only, counseling program with specific and individualized guidance directly from a Viterbi Transfer Admission counselor. The Viterbi School wants to help guide you, step-by-step, on the best way to be a competitive transfer applicant. I hope you are interested in this opportunity and want to be considered for future transfer admission to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. The Viterbi School will be in touch with you in the days ahead to provide more information, including signing up for your Pathways Orientation, as well as your first advising appointment. They will work closely with you to plan out a transfer guide for the next year.

Does everyone have this?

3 Likes

Thanks. We knew it was a long shot and she has other great options so it is what it is

Anyone in California get a result yet?

TTP is great. My daughter is in Paris with other TTP’s traveling and bonding & now waiting for her transfer decision.

6 Likes

I remember that from last year. It seemed like an eternity but you posted that you got your financial aid package on April 5. :blush:

4 Likes

Nope, still waiting in Nor Cal

1 Like

No that’s an invite only transfer program just like Trojan Transfer but to Viterbi students. Not a guaranteed transfer, but transfer with direction and more help. Usually to legacy or students they would like but don’t have room for.

4 Likes

Is this year admissions any more brutal than last? Last year we had some of the same admission criteria re test optional, etc.

1 Like

The quantity of applications is at record high so yes, it could be considered more brutal. Add to that a chunk go in over Feb, so just 5500 this round.

3 Likes

The email our advisor received stated that applications were up 17% over last year, and acceptances slightly less. So sounds more competitive this year.

3 Likes

But that is by a few % points- wasn’t also historically high last year?

What a hard time! Prob cont like this for next couple of years before getting back to normal?

1 Like

I’m sure it was last year as well. But 17% increase in applications sounds like a lot.

1 Like

If someone wants to post the Trojan Transfer letter - I can compare it to last years which I posted earlier in thread. TIA!

Or send it in DM, either way would be great. (name off of course)

3 Likes