UT Austin Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@ChillyCow and @LilyWu Thank you very much. She got her EID a couple of hours ago.

So how do you submit the resume? Is it through applytexas?
My daughter and I were working on her application last night and it seems that you have to mail it in? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance

@jabmom Once you submit your application through ApplyTexas, you’ll receive your UT EID portal. In that portal, you request transcripts, recommendations, etc. and you can also submit your resume through the Document Upload section

I submitted my application about a month ago and I got my UT EID within 3 hours of submitting my app. My application was put into review really quickly! I am not an auto admit but my high school counselor thinks I have a good chance of getting in. Is there any chance I will hear back with the next month or so? Or has anyone else who is not an auto admit heard back yet?

@jabmom Last year it could be submitted through mystatus.

Apply Texas question! We are OOS and not familiar with the app. Is there not a counselor report/recommendation section like there is for the coalition and common apps?? Seems odd, unless this is something you upload later?

@rbc2018 you will request them through your MyStatus after submitting your Apply Texas

Does “In review” mean we will get our decision some time soon?

@Chicagogirl19 I know that’s the case for the optional teacher recommendation letters, but does the school counselor provide a school report? Those are both standard items for the coalition and common apps, but I’m not seeing anything here.

@rbc1999 - we are OOS and my son’s guidance councilor did have to supply a school report and other papers. When he logs into his portal at UT, he can see these in the list of items submitted. Our high school uses naviance for the application process and he added UT to his list of colleges applying to and the guidance councilor sent all the info.
If your high school doesn’t use naviance, contact your child’s guidance counselor and ask how to have them send it all. It is needed.

Is anyone else having trouble with the housing application? Every time I try to log in with my UT EID to the housing portal it says “login error”?

My review admit son uploaded an extended resume yesterday. He’s pulled out all the stops now; nothing else to be done on his part. Anybody out there with an acceptance in hand? Seems like we’ve had about two post on here. That seems so weird to me. Does that mean there just aren’t many acceptances yet (and why would UT release just those few and not wait for a big batch like usual?) or people just aren’t sharing that they got in? Please share if you’ve gotten in OR even if you heard of friends/other kids who have gotten in especially if you are from a big Texas school where there are bound to be acceptances! I would just love to see SOME kind of movement/progress. The crickets are so loud!

My son received his AA this past week.

I might be missing something, but all the acceptances mentioned so far seem to be auto-admits. From glancing through last year’s posts, review admits didn’t start hearing until late November on a rolling basis through January. So, no stress or worry till then :smile:

I agree with momof21. My son was auto admitted to the school immediately, but we’re not expecting to hear from McCombs until mid to late January. Some kids will start hearing back around Thanksgiving, but those are usually the best and the brightest, with very high ranks and SAT scores.

@ChillyCow We are from a large school, but I don’t think most of our kids have submitted their apps yet. Listening to some of the kids talk, a lot were waiting on SAT scores before submitting the app.

@ChillyCow I would greatly appreciate if you can send me the template for long resume as the link published is not working. my email is gskindra@yahoo.com We are applying for UT and your post clearly encourages every one to do it. I am seeking guidance on a template so my son can do what other successful kids have done. will be greatly appreciated.

@momof21 , I was actually referring to the auto admits and why they have even been admitted already. It seems so odd that just 2 or 3 have been admitted already. Believe me, I have January 19th marked on my calendar as the date to realistically start hoping for a decision for review admits based on last year’s posts. I wouldn’t really call it stress or worry as much as excitement to see some movement happening. The TAMU page is very exciting this year with so many early acceptances. There is a lot of momentum over there!

@gsp2020, I’m not even sure I could find the template now as there are so many. It was not as hard as I was anticipating. We just googled templates for Word and found a style he liked. They even have ones you can change the colors on and stuff. It really wasn’t too bad. Good luck!

@dboss4 - could you help with how competitive is Math major?
GPA: 4.54/5.0
SAT/ACT - couldn’t take
National Merit Semifinalist
Sat 2 - Math -800 World History - 780
AP Scholar with distinction
National Honor Society
EC - Eagle Scout, Debate, Academic Decathlon, Science Fair, Internship
Volunteer - 200+ Hours

Am I a good candidate for Honors programs?