UT Austin Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hi everyone. Forgive my ignorance, but I had a question. I applied yesterday to McCombs direct admission. Should I expect to hear some decision before the end of January? Or do you expect it won’t be until then? Thanks.

@Kolesar99 Hi! I recently applied to McCombs as well, and from what I have heard, there are typically about 3 waves of admissions which are typically in december, january, and february. I’ve heard that november and december are typically for exceptional students with high stats, extracirriculars, volunteering, etc. so I think most people hear back in jan/feb, however I am not entirely sure either, so if someone knows more about mccombs, I would love to hear it!

@Kolesar99 also, if you don’t mind, could you share your general stats(like if you were auto admit, leadership, etc)? I have been wondering about how competitive mccombs is going to be this year and I wanted to compare my stats to see what I should set my expectations to be hahaha :).

Where in Apply Texas can you apply for Honors? I know there’s a separate application too, but I read that you can apply in your initial app as well.

@rbc2018, my son applied for McCombs, and there was a check box asking if interested in applying for honors in the custom questions for UT section. If that box is checked, the optional honors essay prompt will show up.

@Noviite Thank you! We found it. All submitted, whew.

Did anybody find that their EID already existed before submitting the application? I’m assuming it was created when they received scores or transcript, but I’m wondering if that changes anything (timing wise) as far as matching the submitted application to the existing EID. Down to the wire to upload materials and we’re hoping the transcript is already logged somewhere (the high school sent it a month ago).

@rbc2018, my son had an EID before submitting the application since he has taken a summer course earlier. He received a new EID after submitting ApplyTexas. We merged the 2 EID’s. We had sent his transcripts and SAT score a couple of months ago and they were all associated with his account right when he logged in with the new EID and the application status was complete. Hope this helps!

@Noviite That’s encouraging to hear, thank you! Were you able to merge them yourself in the system or did you need to contact someone?

@rbc2018, we were able to merge them by ourselves. The email that you get after your application submission has a link to merge them, just that you need to know all your EIDs and you get to pick which one to keep.

has anyone heard from UT about non auto admit acceptances? I have been noticing that a few people have been already accepted into their major of choice, so I was wondering if UT had rolling admissions, so I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone has gotten accepted into their requested major of choice.

Folks: last minute help…
Daughter applying for UT and planning to meet Nov 1 deadline. She is using coalition app and see option for business honors program but don’t see Turin program anywhere. Any one know how apply both Business honors and Turin ?

@fromdfw hi there, you actually can’t apply to both Canfield and Turing. I myself was in the exact same situation when I found out that when it comes to computer science and business, you can only apply to the honors program that is based on your first choice. If business is your first choice then you can apply to Canfield but not Turing, and vice versa, if computer science is your first choice then you can apply to Turing but not Canfield. However, there is a relatively new program called Texas CSB, which is an all freshman dual degree honors program for both computer science and business that you can apply to as long as business and compsci are your two major choices(order doesn’t matter). So if business is your first choice and compsci is 2nd then you can apply to Canfield and Texas CSB, or if computer science is your first and business is 2nd choice then you can apply to Turing and Texas CSB. Hope this helped!

Okay, one more question for you all. In My Status did you ever have the message that the transcript had been received but was being evaluated? The first transcript was sent a month ago, but didn’t show up in My Status, so another was requested from the high school and uploaded yesterday morning. UT received it, but the application is still considered incomplete. I haven’t seen this with any other school.

my son submitted yesterday and the my status is showing the same message his transcripts were sent monday

Do you know which majors? Thanks!

@Momof0ne I noticed one person on this thread said they were accepted into CNS Biology, and I’ve heard of a couple people who applied for math major getting in as well. I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone else has heard from UT already, I applied to McCombs, so I’m anxiously waiting to hear back from them.

So I recently submitted my application and on the MyStatus Page everything seems to be submitted and my application has been completed. However, I have turned in recommendation letters and there is no place on the MyStatus Page that shows whether UT has received them or not. Is there a way to check if recommendation letters have been received or is the reason I do not see it on MyStatus because they may not have been properly submitted? (My school uses Naviance for recommendations)

@tylerchoi , there are a couple of places you can see if UT has received your recommendations. First in the admissions tab under “Done”, you should be able to see your recommendation request and their status. The second is in the document upload system under the 'View Doc requests". And if you uploaded them they should perhaps be under “My Documents” which is on the top far right corner under your EID. Hope this helps!

@tylerchoi Did you try that ‘my documents’ tab that is to the far right?