UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

In state auto admit, thank you

You are correct. For my child, Plan II was November, HSS was December. HSS is much smaller and almost all found out in December I think, from what my child saw meeting other accepted students through social media. Since it’s smaller than plan ii (less than 50 students), it may be just one wave. Then Deans and Polymath might have been different times/waves.

Did anybody hear acceptance into Computer Science major?
My kids (twins) are auto-admit but eagerly waiting for a decision on major.

Congrats @Alugo03 !

1 Like

None of my son’s friends who are auto-admits have heard about CS yet. My S19’s friends didn’t hear until January for CS and engineering. Hopefully it will be sooner this year since this waiting is not fun!
Best of luck to your kids on getting their major! (My S22is waiting also, but for McCombs :crossed_fingers: )

2 Likes

She has been accepted to Pitt, U of MN, U of Nebraska, U of Arkansas, Mizzou. Waiting on Tulane, Georgia Tech, Temple, Case Western and UC Berkeley. She wanted to do a BS Arch instead of a B Arch since she will have to do a Masters. Focused on keeping undergraduate costs low. Where else did your son apply?

1 Like

My DD is waiting for Plan II and HSS
 has anyone heard on these two?

We are not this cycle. When my DC heard, plan ii was around Thanksgiving and HSS just before Christmas (remember because it was a nice Christmas present!)

1 Like

Also, I know of several people who applied HSS but never heard until I think March, and they were offered Polymath. Even though they didn’t apply for it. So some HSS are offered Polymath instead. And that can be a different notification date.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

My daughter was auto accepted and on Nov 17th, 7.01 p.m. she received an email confirming her choice of Major (Biochemistry). She intends to do Pre-Med and then become a Doctor.
Stats: 4th in class of 530
GPA: 5.539
AP Scholar with Distinction: Mostly received a score of 5 in all Subjects except Comp Sci and Physics (3 each)
SAT: 1570/1600
She plans to apply to Honors college and Plan II
I am hoping for a nice scholarship (She is already admitted to Baylor and UTD for her choice of Major)

5 Likes

Ditto! Biochemistry major. Auto admit.

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Don’t expect any money. My plan II/HSS received $1,000/year.
The 40 acres are almost all business majors, a couple are CNS, so really unlikely.
Just getting in to UT is an honor. If looking for money, look elsewhere. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

He applied only to UT Austin.

@ava100 Did your DS apply for any back up schools? UT is a reach school for pretty much anyone who is not auto-admit.

1 Like

No, my S22 didn’t apply for any back up schools. He apply only to UT Austin.

I also encourage your S to apply to other schools, non-direct admit architecture at UT-Austin is a reach for all students with a 12% acceptance rate (of which most spots will likely go to auto-admit students).

1 Like

@Ava100 I don’t know his stats, but many kids with excellent stats don’t get in to UT each year, just because they have so many applicants and so many of the spots are granted to auto-admits. Since he is homeschool and not auto admit, I highly encourage you to help him develop a back up plan in the event he doesn’t get in. Even auto-admits at UT should have a back up plan in the event they don’t get their major, because their choice of major is not guaranteed.

I can’t find it now, but someplace in this forum is a thread from a high school girl that only applied to ivy league schools and was denied from all of them. She thought UT was a “safety school” since it was a state school and she was in- state, but she found she wasn’t able to go to UT either. She was frantically trying to find a school to go to just before graduation.

There will be schools with rolling admissions that will have spots after UT announces, but it’s not a fun place to be in to feel one’s options are so limited and to be scrambling to find a school in April.

I hope he gets admitted! But definitely, everyone should have a back up plan when applying to UT!

6 Likes

Thank you for your advice.This year UT Austin is the best match for him. In case, UT will decide different, we are Ok to take year without any college.

1 Like

I don’t know her stats, unfortunately. Just wanted to let folk know that some of the decisions were coming out for non-auto admits. It prompted my daughter to make sure all of her application portals reflected her desire to be notified via email for any updates.

2 Likes