UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Rejected.
OOS
4.42 GPA
33 ACT/1480 SAT
Informatics
4 year varsity sports
Dedicated community service

This message was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 500 replies.

This message was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 500 replies.

Rejected (Capped)
In state
Nursing major
non-auto admit
3.87 UW/ 4.22 W
1460 SAT
13 honors and 6 APs (4 and 5 on two ap exams)
CPR and CNA certified
ECs on the weak side
disappointed :smiling_face_with_tear:

Unfortunately, for many OOS students, they see a website like Niche showing a 32% acceptance rate

UT - Austin Admissions

Acceptance Rate 32%
SAT Range 1230-1480
ACT Range 27-33

Clearly this is misleading at best. It would be easy if you are not familiar with the real deal and the legal admission requirements to believe you as an OOS student have a better chance that you actually might have.

1 Like

I got accepted with average stats that might even be a bit below ut standards. I am an in-state student, non-auto. My high school is extremely competitive, so I’m in the top 50%. UW GPA is 3.7, W GPA is 4.7 (might be on a 6.0 scale). 1380 SAT. Decent ecs: 100+ volunteer hours in leadership positions, comp sci club, national art honor society, and other small clubs related to major. I feel like my essays were what got me into ut. I took a riskier approach by writing about ghosts and an event that happened at my volunteer place that helped me realize a passion for my career path. My short essays were strong too and showed passion for my future goals, career, and ut. My major isn’t as competitive, however. I was accepted into my top choice, Art and Entertainment Technology at the College of Fine Arts. One of my friends who had a slightly better GPA (top 50%), 1430 SAT, but had great ecs and creative/passionate essays got into engineering.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I’m out of state, but I believe I had a very strong application and my interview went very well. Not sure why this happened.

I don’t remember where I heard this, but I believe someone said you can still get into BHP even if denied from McCombs (so BHP offer will override McCombs and you can get in). Not sure if this is true though?

Same for my out of state daughter.

D22 OOS got rejected - 4.0UW / 4.67W / 1570 SAT / 9 APs / multiple Honors class - founded SWE club, co-president of 2 other clubs, Tons of volunteering including at the local hospital, choir (state level twice), paid tutor for elementary school kids

1 Like

CAP is not a rejection. Just a different path to the school.

2 Likes

I concur that essays are what pushes one candidate over another.

Congrats!

1 Like

can you guys access your portal right now? It keeps giving me an error?