UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Was she OOS?

1 Like

I have not heard of any non-autos receiving a decision.

1 Like

It’s very unusual for a student to only apply to one school unless of course that school is a sure thing. UT is a reach, especially for the major you’re talking about. Surely there are other programs your student could apply to in order to give them more options?

2 Likes

If your son do not have time, apply to UTD as there is no school specific essay. Your cost is $50 application fee and time to fill the form. You can apply from commonApp. It is very convenient and in addition they pay very good scholarship for NMSC semifinalist and finalist. Their honor college is pretty good too. I feel they really care to recruit good students.

2 Likes

Yes, it is unusual. It was decision of my son. I respect his decisions.

3 Likes

You are correct. It is his life so it absolutely should be his decision. He’s the one who has to live this life.
My concern is that he is homeschooled and may not exactly know how universities work. Did you go through the application process yourself so you can advise him? Does he have a college counselor advising him? I’m afraid he doesn’t understand the process or perhaps just doesn’t want to go to university. Have you discussed this with him? Maybe this is his way of saying he doesn’t want to go to college, and that’s ok too. He will find his way.

3 Likes

OOS question:Son, applied on Oct 29th for computer science and engineering. full ACT, NMSemi finalist, from MN. High rigour academics. Haven’t heard anything from UTA yet. What would be the chances and when we can expect a reply.

He is a gifted homeschooled kid. I think he deeply understands that college is not a technical decision. Through learning in a specific college, you are growing with unique philosophy and vision on your professional subject. My son researched colleges for several years, and he chose UT Austin because it matches his view on architecture. He analyzed their philosophy. He read their professors’ books. He made an unusual decision to apply only to UT Austin. I am not surprised. After he began in third grade to draw buildings in an enormous amount of detail, including floor plans, and it was only the beginning of his journey into the world of architecture, it is hard to catch me surprised. He knows about architecture so many that sometimes people mistake him for a college graduate.
If I think all of this gives him better chances to get in, I am not sure at all
 All I have is to wait.

4 Likes

I understand. I am sorry, this is so hard for you to wait for a decision. I hope he gets in soon.

Thank you!!! Best wishes for your kid too!!!

2 Likes

Auto admit. BHP interview done today 11/23.

7 Likes

Best wishes to you and your son, Ava100. I hope he gets in!

My dd is homeschooled, too, and applied to UT for biology.

She has applied to many schools this year for academics, but what she really wanted to do is play college soccer. All of her hopes were dashed in the first game of the first tournament of the season. She tore her ACL and has surgery next week. Lost her senior year of soccer after having played since she was 4!

Anyway, it is hard as parents to stand by and watch as they pursue their dreams, but sometimes they have their minds made up, and all we can do is cheer them on. Things may not go as planned, but maybe they will!

My homeschooled son got into McCombs at UT several years ago, so it’s possible. Can’t remember specifically, but I think he heard in January.

2 Likes

Jazzymomof7, thank you for your encouragement! It cheers me up!
I send prayers to your daughter! I wish her the best scenario from existing. Your son’s story is fantastic! Good job, mom, on his homeschooling! I can understand how much work needs to get such impressive results. I am a mom of six children myself :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone heard back for spring yet? My first choice major is Natural Science Undecided.

Did others get TWO emails from UT this AM, with same heading but little different content? UT has CRM app which selects who receive what emails. Heading: “Giving thanks to the Longhorn community.”

Yes, I got the email as well

Yes, received the email. Does this mean decision for another wave will come in next few weeks? Or is this an automated email everyone gets it?

1 Like

I am wondering about it too. :thinking:

Just a marketing email. We got the Happy TG from many colleges we applied.

4 Likes

Same. Lots of emails today. I would not read anything into it.

1 Like