UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Yes the first batch was a Thursday this year (Nov. 18), and according to Tex Admissions blog, last year’s first major wave was Thursday, December 10.

2 Likes

Would this be for major admissions? My daughter was auto admit to university, but waiting on Biomedical Engineering.

Yes, the blog says last year’s first major wave Dec 10 release included admissions and non-auto admit admissions across many majors, including McCombs. But he stresses that no one knows or can predict when decisions will come.

1 Like

But still if you look here UT Austin Class of 2025 — Regular Decision on Thursday Dec 3rd, 2020, you will see there was a wave of admits. Maybe it wasn’t considered a "major’ wave. Texas Admission Blog also shows Thurs Dec 5, 2019 was a small wave. I guess no first Thursday of December small wave this year.

2 Likes

This Nov. 18th wave was just auto-admits majors I think, no non-auto admits.

1 Like

Just speculating. The deadline to apply for Natural Science honors, Engineering honors, and Turing are December 8. Is that an indication a major wave on Dec 9 or 10?

Waves in admission or honor acceptance?

1 Like

Admissions. Honors comes much later for the three I mentioned.

My son is OOS, 4.0 unweighted, #1 in class, 1540 SAT with 790 on Math. Lots of AP classes, great recommendations, 3 sport athlete. All around strong student and great kid. :slight_smile:

He applied for priority. However, his counselor did not submit the correct transcript before the Nov. 8 deadline so it put him in the regular deadline pool.

He is applying for CS. Do you think there is any chance he hears in the Dec wave of admissions? I’m more nervous than he is! We want to return to texas (his dad is from there) and UT would be a dream come true!

1 Like

seems like he has a very strong shot, but it just depends on his competition bc OOS is extremely competitive, especially w CS. still high chance for ut tho. good luck!

2 Likes

He sounds like he stands a great chance stats-wise to get in. CS is super competitive, but it seems like they do have a lot of OOS kids in that major. (My S19 is at UT and has many CS friends, none of whom are from TX. All of the auto-admit kids we know who did not get their major, were trying for CS, so he has a chance since it doesn’t just fill up with auto-admit TX kids!)

I hope he finds out soon! My S22 has his auto-admit status, but we are waiting on his major (business, not CS, so he won’t take a spot your son wants :grimacing:)

1 Like

Hi all! Any update on a wave this Thursday or Friday? Have an OOS kids heard?

1 Like

No OOS yet

2 Likes

Do we think a wave will be this week or next week?

This week most likely, next week finals and school will be out mid week but just my guess.

1 Like

Thursday or Friday based on history.

1 Like

For in-state applicants who were automatically admitted as top 6%: does anyone know when they will release decisions on whether you got your major? Specifically engineering…Any insight appreciated!

Rumors mostly based on past years but it rumored to be today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

My friends in OTHER majors have already heard but I’m engineering and haven’t heard yet. So you’re not alone. Good luck!