UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I’m sure some will hear this month, but for my S19, none of his auto-admit friends heard about engineering or CS until mid-January.

My cousins’ experience was the same and the problem is that engineering waited so long that by the time they rejected him from his first choice major, his second choice major has filled up so he ended up with something generic. Why does engineering have to be this hard?!! (Rhetorical question only) Good luck to everyone!

If your son has AP CS and AP CSP before 11th grade with scores of 5 that will be very good chance.

2 Likes

My friend’s son got in CS major early Dec last year as an auto-admit. Not even top #10 in an Austin HS.

1 Like

Admission to major is holistic review. There are course strength that may not be known even among friends. There are applicants with professional programming certifications that may outweigh others with non CS related leadership roles.

UT CS is tough even for those with loads of APs with CB test scores 5. The review is to make sure the student succeed (or survive) in class.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when nursing majors typically start rolling out?

My 2020 son was engineering auto admit, notified for his major first round in December 2019. He didn’t turn in his application until the day before it was due but he was well rounded, top 2%, NM semifinalist and had a great SAT score. He was notified of acceptance to honors engineering as well as notification of full ride (all four years) to UT mid February 2020.

4 Likes

Is the Dec wave for auto admit only?

Doesn’t look like it based on the last two years’ threads. Anxiously awaiting my decision for RTF as an OOS.

Congrats on your son’s accomplishments! If you don’t mind me asking, did he get 40A or Terry scholarship? They are the two UT scholarships I know of that are or could be full ride for 4 years. If not, any other UT scholarships you can share? Thank you,

Hopefully a wave tonight or tomorrow… what time is it usually? 6 pm?

It was the Cockrell Foundation Engineering scholarship. He didn’t have to apply separately. All he did was check honors engineering on his application. To say we were surprised is putting it mildly!

2 Likes

That’s outstanding! Congrats!

2 Likes

Thank you. Now we are waiting to hear back for my younger son who has similar if not better scores and accomplishments :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

That’s great! Thank you for sharing and good luck!

1 Like

Anyone think there will be a wave out tonight? Hope so😃 ! What time would it come out if it were tonight?

2 Likes

wow - congrats!

Q U I E T in here …

2 Likes

anyone hear back?? are we thinking 7?

Nothing on my end…pure torture

1 Like