UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I had to go back and see what this was in response to.
Yes, it looks like I was confusing the coalition/ common situation of the person I had replied to. Thank you

1 Like

Iā€™m just on edge because my twin brother already got his major in mid-Nov!! Same stats as me but he is in economics while Iā€™m going for engineering. Itā€™s frustrating, to say the least. Heā€™s celebrating while Iā€™m on pins and needles. Sucks!

1 Like

did anyoneā€™s UT portal just change from ā€œ5 recommended things to doā€ to 4? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We had 4 items, it went down to 3. I presume thatā€™s honors application because the due dates for all their application (regular and honors) was 12/10, that could have triggered this change.

2 Likes

My sonā€™s has been at 2 things to do for a month now.

1 Like

is it possible that itā€™ll come out tonight??

Did anyone get a housing application without an acceptance notification? Also got an email from the finical aid office saying they got our FAFSA, we had UT on the list 3 months ago, Just applied on the Dec 1st decline because we hadnā€™t heard from TAMU

Yes. Many students applied housing without acceptance to save the spot.

1 Like

So the last two years according to CC (you just have to go read the threads for those years) and Texas admissions, UT released a small wave of acceptance to majors the first week of December and a larger wave the second week, but this year they released nothing either week.

3 Likes

I heard that all of the admission decisions are stuck on a boat near California, waiting for transportation workers. We might hear something by July or August.

JUST KIDDING!

12 Likes

It is very frustrating, but I am sure the admissions teams have a good reason.

Does anyone know if moody or RTF majors (in-state, non-auto) usually receive decisions in earlier waves or later waves like at the end of January?

1 Like

I think there may be something to this. Another school my son is applying to is waiting until ā€œmid-Decemberā€ to allow grade input, and I think itā€™s to eliminate people who receive ED acceptances elsewhere. I wonder if UT is, in effect, doing the same thing and waiting for applicants who receive ED acceptances elsewhere to withdraw before UT starts announcing decisions. That would keep yield up and save them time at the back end.

7 Likes

Rice just took 300 EA away last week. Rice EA is binding.

4 Likes

Does anyone hear of fine arts sending admissions?Music

My daughter is RTF in state, non auto and got her admission notification on Jan 29th 2021.

2 Likes

I feel like Iā€™ve read that fine arts can be one of the last ones to notify because of the audition process. Canā€™t find where I saw that now though, so maybe Iā€™m imagining itā€¦

What is RTF?

Radio Television Film

1 Like

Which major in Music? Have you received January audition date yet?
Fine Arts (if require auditions or portfolio) decision is always March 1st.

1 Like