UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Same here and I have not heard anything except the auto admit status. None of my friends or their friends including those with stats above me have heard anything. Currently it is a black box.

Same here, but natural sciences. Very frustrating.

My daughter is auto admit and was in the small group 12/16(ish) that got into majors. She’s BME at Cockrell. It is hard to see any rhyme or reason to this process.

Auto-admit is ONLY top 6% Texas high school students. They are automatically accepted, but they are not automatically accepted to their major; they wait for a decision on whether or not they are granted a spot in their academic major choice. Sometimes they are considered for a second major choice. Texas law ensures Texas students come first and the majority of admitted students are from Texas high schools.

More discussion on here is for scholarships that are Texas high school student exclusive, and some is for scholarships all were able to apply to.

IF your student was an OOS applicant (such as mine), their decision should be received on February 1st. OOS students are looked at against OOS students to fill the non-Texas high school student spots. OOS is a very, very low percentage of accepted students.

1 Like

Similar case here. My son is auto admit (11/3) and got his first choice major (IRGS) on 11/18 - so did two of his classmates. However, waiting on his honors decision (still under review). Strong academics and also reasonably strong ECs and volunteer services and good creative essays! But

I completely misread your post. Sorry my response did not apply to you. I imagine your kiddo has amazing chances of getting just what he wants to study at UT. The wait is so hard!!! I hope he has his decision, soon! Congratulations to him on all of his hard work!

Like KDV3, my D is auto-admit, top 1% (top 10) in a large competitive school, mid 1500 SATs, 15 APs, etc and is still under review for major. I have seen multiple people post on here that they were not auto admit and say they were admitted to her major already. I think I even saw an OOS or two say they were admitted to other majors. Also, if you look at the threads from the last 3 years, there were big and small waves of releases on the same weeks in November and December every year and that really didn’t seem to happen at all this year. So i think it is a valid question of what is taking so long this year.

6 Likes

ok :+1:

neuroscience, EE, CS, (i think pretty much everything)

Do you guys think there will be a wave of decisions sent out today?

From Reddit. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

A&M has a much larger engineering program because of the alternate entry pathways, but their direct freshman FYE is very competitive.

seems legit.

But not many in here seem to have heard back yet, not sure what’s going on. Has UT decided to slow down the processing for CC aficionados? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Labor shortage and staff got the virus? In the past, when they could not make the Feb 1st deadline they simply defer applicants to March 1st.

1 Like

There was a statement made earlier in this thread by someone indicating UT was planning to roll our admissions but their IT system died.

I had a dialogue with someone on Reddit that legit seemed they work for UT. This person mentioned that they are NOT behind on application reviews. He/she deleted the post in only 2 minutes. At this point I don’t know what to believe.

In the absence of real information and transparency, rumors and uncertainty swirl. And some take advantage of that and have their 15 seconds of internet fame or notoriety.

3 Likes

I recently got into UT with a major in the college of education as a spring 2022 transfer. I however am currently in CIS at UH and have been considering to do CS, computer engineering, or MIS. I was wondering what I would need to do to get into the CS department at UT as an internal transfer with a 3.7 gpa. I have been apart of some It clubs and look forward to doing them at UT if i attend. Is it worth the transfer to UT? And what is needed to get into CS or Computer Engineering at UT?

:just wanted to post on different threads

I recommend reaching out to CNS directly to get the best info. Some people say that internal transfer to CS is 50% assuming high GPA and good essays. Others say it is nearly impossible. I have seen people transfer into CS externally even from Lone Star College without being in some sort of feeder program. There is a lot of misinformation out there and it is best to discuss with the university.

You ask UT they will deny it.
But almost every good university, they all claim that they will review essays holistically to see “if the student is a good fit”.

Once passes the academic barrier, many top students may focus on the wrong aspects such as their accomplishments or what they are aspired to do in the future in their essays. That might be great for borderline students but for top students admission just plain looking for simple indication like “I will commit to UT”. Applying right on August 1st will be a good indicator. May be another no-so-subtle way saying that is “I only apply to this school (UT)” (Good idea to state that in Essay C about “given the ticket”)

Son and his top peers in his high school did just that, got their admission to majors in first wave last year. I guess they were lucky having a good counselor pointing that out for them.