UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Hmm. D22 isn’t concerned about competition for majors - she’s non-STEM and will be in Arts and Sciences, probably in one of those majors that’s a last resort for everyone else like sociology or religious studies. Are there other administrative issues that arise from Dec 1 application?

@txfriendly will D22 be applying for any honors programs?

Ideally yes, as I think she would be a good candidate (4.0uw/35 ACT), but remains to be seen whether she (or I) will find the time to navigate that process. But for purposes of the discussion, let’s say yes…

@txfriendly Liberal Arts Honors, for example, “LAH has a recommended application completion date of November 1” but will accept until Dec 1. The only extra thing you need for the LAH app is a 250-word essay. If she’s interested in that program, I think applying by Nov 1 could make a difference. I can’t think of any other administrative issues except getting an earlier spot in the on-campus housing line as you mentioned.

Makes sense, thanks.

Is the UT Austin application status portal slow to acknowledge receipt of SAT/ACT scores? Other schools that we’ve submitted to have acknowledged promptly, but crickets from UT . . . and no response to an inquiry email to admissions about it either.

Why doesn’t UT take the common app?

Yes took forever matching the data, my kid had the score sent to UT back in SAT test day in March. Took more than a month after submitting Apply Texas to show.

Thank you.

My daughter is auto admit and we’ve done all the deposits. We weren’t religiously checking my status bc we knew they had to let her in (haha) and major decisions won’t come until later. But I am surprised there was no email or letter saying, congrats youre in! Is that typical? Just a change in MyStatus is a bit anti-climactic.

Yes UT is horrible this year. No email and no letter. Not even some FAFSA email. My S21 got 16 emails from Michigan versus two from UT. One email when Apply Texas went through, one responding to question on why SAT score sent 6 months ago(during school SAT day) still not showing in My Status 6 weeks after completing Apply Texas.

UT ​will have a lot of acceptance going out in the next few weeks via My Status, but the silence
​makes parents think how serious is UT on students. (I got more tailgating email from alumni network in a week than my son about admission in entire year!)

Not to badmouth my alma mater, with such a strong CS program, UT really need to update their admission portal which looks like different outsourced pieces pulled and patched together.

1 Like

We thought the same! Actually, no email congrats or update to status for TAMU or UT, and no email from TAMU when engineering acceptance was updated. She did get the “big envelope” 2 weeks after status change fir TAMU, but silence from UT. My daughter asked a question to her admissions counselor, and it took a week for a less-than-helpful response. It’s all an interesting process.

1 Like

Probably because they take the Texas App and the Coalition App. That’s already a lot to deal with. I assume a lot of states don’t do the state-wide app thing, so those schools can devote resources to coalition and common apps.

https://thedailytexan.com/2021/02/03/ut-must-adopt-the-common-app/

Does anyone know how long it takes UT to match your SAT score to your application once they receive it from Collegeboard?

Similar to above question…
Does anyone know how long it should take for a transcript sent via Naviance to be matched to an application?

1 Like

I think it takes approx 1- 2 weeks to match up during the busy app season.

1 Like

thanks

It is sort of a bummer. Other schools have sent her a big acceptance letter with swag, but they aren’t schools she is excited for. When my '24 Aggie got his acceptance letter with the poster it became “real” for him and he was so excited. It still hangs in his room. These are small thins but they mean a lot to these kids who have been looking forward to this for so long. Just seeing words on a computer screen isn’t as thrilling.

3 Likes

UT will still send a big tower (folded) banner for accepted students. I assume leaving the portal alone until January (just check once a month) is better. Look at this forum, TAMU has over 1400 posts UT only get 100.

1 Like