UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Right now, no one has been accepted to their major at UT. The auto-admits just know they are in, but they are still be reviewed for major. Once UT starts admitting students to their majors, they will send out a big packet with the cute poster.

1 Like

Some kids like Coalition app, some like Common app. My point was that I doubt UT wants to deal with 3 different apps, and the Texas one isn’t going to go away. My daughter applied OOS and went ahead and did the Texas app. It wasn’t that big of a deal.

1 Like

Some schools ‘sell’ harder than others. The thing is, admissions is its own world and really isn’t connected to the university in terms of the education/environment/etc. Snazzy communications from admissions doesn’t necessarily equate to anything in particular about the institution., but I realize it’s flattering to get fun swag. UT sent the big envelope after the fact.

1 Like

So IIRC UT actually writes the Texas App and they redid it this year.

It took us 2-3 days to see our SAT score, but no transcript yet.

1 Like

What is IIRC?

If I recall correctly

Thx

Finally in the waiting game for “will my kid get his first choice major”.

Due to some problem with getting transcripts and red letters to go through from Naviance, my S22’s application sat as incomplete for more than a week. After a trip to the counselors office yesterday, he got what he needed and uploaded everything himself. His auto-admit was up less than 24 hours later!

Many kids from our HS had this issue (school didn’t know about it until yesterday :flushed:)
 if your child is waitin on transcripts to be uploaded also, just FYI
 they may any to look into it

1 Like

Youngest sent in her application in October. Was an automatic admit to A&M and already got their package and her major (Biology). Waiting for UT and Rice. 1400 SAT (taking it again this morning) and top 7.5%. Glad this is the final time doing this college rodeo, it’s exhausting!

2 Likes

Has anyone that is in state non-auto admit received any response yet? Does anyone know when the non-auto decisions are released?

The first wave of acceptance to majors is expected to be November 19th (Bases on pervious years)

2 Likes

Very few review admit will get response before Christmas, mostly happens third and fourth week of January.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks!

1 Like

My OOS applicant heard back Dec. 10 last year, but I don’t know how big that wave of decisions was.

Congrtulate again your OOS must be very distinguished. Last year thread very few OOS or non-auto admit got response that early.

One thing UT can guarantee is priority applicants will get some kind of response by Feb 1st (even through a few may got deferred to March 1st). And regular applicants will get response by March 1st.

1 Like

MyStatus portal indicates that as your admission application is complete, you have access to complete Housing and Dining application. Should we do that right away or wait until we hear any admission decision? Thank you,

You can wait, but know that housing contracts are based off when the housing application and $50 fee were paid. Also remember housing is not guaranteed at UT, so that may also sway your decision.

For my son, I went ahead and paid it as soon as the link was active (which happened to be the same time as his admission to the university came through.) Maybe he won’t get his major and attend somewhere else, but the $50 means we aren’t stressing over it.

Best of luck on admissions and securing your major!

2 Likes