UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks. My guess is the CS and OOS was really tough. She may try the long shot appeal and see what happens. She now knows her actual class rank is Top .5% and as far as we know UT only had her as top 25%. She also just got the NMF notice too.

1 Like

The top 5% rule only applies to in state students. (Think it’s actually top 6% unless it dropped again.) They get auto entry but that doesn’t guarantee they get accepted to their chosen major.)

2 Likes

I can tell you that my daughter’s HS doesn’t rank at all and only recognizes cum laude (top 10%), my daughter and her friend who are both not in that 10% were 2 of 3 students who were accepted. Obviously, I am only one tiny example. My advice would be to appeal if that is really where your daughter wants to go with that info and go for it, if they don’t reverse it, you’re no worse off then you were. Good luck!

Regarding your comment actual vs UT recorded class rank
you may want to review what your school sent to UT. It’s possible they made an error in what they reported. I know that occurred with my son’s school where they incorrectly reported SAT instead of ACT on his transcript.

1 Like

These two are new information definitely worth appealing. Make sure the two points are clear.

Anyone got merit based scholarship from BHP or CSB? I saw some Engineering honors already got scholarships.

1 Like

Most BHP received an email that by March 15 they will finalize the amount. (They are pushing alumni for more $$ right now
)

Anyone waiting for honors result got interviews for ECB or Business Honors

Do you if BHP will still be admitting till March 1st?

1 Like

I was accepted into UT CS as OOS on 1/30, to Turing on 2/1. Today they sent out emails to everyone accepted so far to invite them to the yearly “>goto_Turing” event which will happen on February 25th, and to the Turing discord server. It might be worth it to check results from previous application years.

3 Likes

Those had interview may still have chance. Good Luck!

1 Like

Yeah, we got BHP letter saying scholarship decision will announce on March 15

2 Likes

Any more updates on CBHP interviews? Are these interviews still going on?

Any idea if Turing provides merit-based scholarships?

Turing scholars are highly successful one should focus on internships which can cover more than college expenses. But yes Turing have scholarships. Department mostly merit and depends on GPA.

Does anyone know if Plan 2 honors will offer any merit scholarships to CNS students? For any of the CNS honors are there any “automatic” merit scholarships as freshmen or later?
Thanks

CNS automatically “considered” students for scholarship but most of the money come from after having good Freshmen GPA.

Thanks. Are those merit scholarships meant only for sophomore-senior (based on their UT GPA) or also for freshman students based on their high school GPA?

Correct mostly sophomore to senior.

march 1st if you’re not a US citizen/live in US/green card holder