UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congrats to everyone who’s gotten into UT over the past week. Noticed a lot of people got in over the last 24 hours - would this be considered the “big wave” people were talking about earlier? Trying to get an idea of if I’ll be waiting a while longer for a decision (I’m non-auto admit)

1 Like

do you think there will be more decisions in December? or this is it?

2 Likes

Yes, see my post above.

1 Like

Congrats! My son is an Auto Admit to UT. He applied in Early Application to McCombs - last minute (Nov 1st). We’ve been refreshing the page to see if he is into McCombs, but it says - “Your application is still being considered for admission to your requested major”. Extremely nervous here, as you can imagine.

1 Like

He submitted it 9/18.

1 Like

Best of luck to him!!!

1 Like

Yes, that’s the big wave.

1 Like

When should we expect to hear from Moody/RTF? Does this wave include Moody?

3 Likes

Any non-auto in-state acceptances in this wave? Please specify major

1 Like

My son got into McCombs yesterday- and is a non-auto admit and we live in state.

4 Likes

Congrats! May I ask when/how early he applied?

Does anyone know when/how rejections come out? Is it likely in February or could it come sooner?

They will have a few small and big waves between now and the CAP results towards the end of Jan, followed by rejections. Based on our experience with UT, its blood bath towards the end. Of course, not sure if they’re doing anything different this year

I called UT Austin and they said that December 12th was a small wave of Fall/ Spring and transfer admissions and to expect bigger waves into January and February.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard from College of Natural Sciences? Expecting to hear by the end of January as an OOS student, but thought I’d ask.

Thank you! Lol, I like your wording - that’s been the feel of all the application grinding and waiting so far!!

1 Like

Good luck. UT is a tough one - their waves release doesn’t help with stress / anxiety for students / parents. I wish they’d stick to 1-2 dates.

4 Likes

Very few in this wave, and more coming. Majority of acceptance are in January.

5 Likes

Waiting on Natural Science also. In state, top 1%, auto admit.

1 Like

do you mind sharing her stats?

2 Likes