UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Anyone received any scholarships from CNS?

Sorry tagged wrong post

Both. By email and update on the portal.

Has anyone got FRI?

Also are TexasExes scholarships still going out?

2 Likes

FRI & Jefferson Scholar acceptances went out this afternoon

1 Like

Anyone heard from TexasExes on final scholarship decisions?

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing here yet.

Hear anything from Texas Exes yet?

Curious if any one else has heard from Texas Exes on scholarships?

Hi! So I filed an appeal to my decision last week (05/19). I was previously accepted as a Government major back in February but had to decline because of financial issues at the time. However, I can now attend affordably and filed my appeal, called my AO to ask about a timeline, and submitted an email (don’t know if they’ll ever read it) of my updated and improved academic standing at my school. Does anyone have, or know someone, with late-stage appeals who were previously accepted? I’m very hopeful but want to be able to confirm my enrollment sooner than later and (hopefully) get on-campus housing.

Please let me know!!!

Ok, so I know its mostly parents on this board but I thought I would put this out there. I am looking for a roommate. I am in the honors quad (already have my room in Andrews). I really don’t do social media and I think that is how everyone is finding a roommate. I am CNS Honors Polymath studying chemistry and Latin American studies. Just looking for another guy like me that is there to study and not really party. If your student is looking for something like that, have them reach out to me on the housing portal. My student ID is GSF434. Thanks

1 Like

I am also going to live in Andrews since I’m in CSB. I already have a roommate btw.

I think it would be best if you also ask about roommates on the UT Honors discord.

1 Like

Did you end up doing this? My daughter is in the same boat. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi -

My daughter is a STEM student with a pretty good profile. She is debating between Data Science and Civil Engineering as her second major. She likes DS a little more, but she is worried that DS may be more competitive than Civil E. Since it is for picking her 2nd choice major, she wants to be safer because she really likes to go to UT.

Can someone please share thoughts on comparing the selectivity of DS vs Civil E in general? I know this also depends on the specifics of student profiles. Here we just want to compare these two majors in general.

Thank you very much!