UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son also applied RTF and has no meaningful experience. He also submitted something on that optional portal. I am sure that the stats are most heavily weighed when making admission decisions. Other schools with similar majors require portfolios to be considered. In those cases I think the stats along with portfolio is used to make a decision. EC enhance an application but never would outweigh subpar grades for a school like UT. Its too competitive.

2 Likes

Ranking and scores are still two most important factors.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like it yet. Weā€™re still waiting. Auto Admitted. 1540 SAT. 4.57 weighted GPA. Top 2% of high school. Applied to McCombs and Canfield BHP - still being considered for major. No news, and this is extremely unnerving.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the wave for december is over?

1 Like

MyStatus only shows 14 things done for me now while before it used to be 15. Does this mean anything?

1 Like

Do you know what item is not there anymore?

1 Like

Hoping to hear something tonight.

2 Likes

no i cant remember what it could be bc everything thatā€™s needed is there

1 Like

is there another wave coming out tonigtht?

Does anyone know about Dance Department? We are waiting to hear if passed pre screen and able to audition.

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything tonight

Nothing here. OOS waiting forMcCombs

Nothing yet!!

1 Like

Mid-December wave might be over unfortunately. :frowning:

yep same situation here for CS. AutoAdmit - 1560 SAT top 2%. still waiting :frowning:

No decision for my daughter tonight, so I guess we will have to wait until January.

3 Likes

Two years ago my son was also auto-admitted, Engineering major, top 1%, SAT 1540 and ACT 36. Didnā€™t get accepted until mid January. Hang in thereā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m accepted into Baylor and TAMU, committed to TAMU so just want to know if thereā€™s no point in me checking out of curiosity (I wonā€™t get offended I swear lol)

applied Psychology BS at all schools
ACT 27
4.2 weighted, and 3.6?? unweighted

Top 8% (large, somewhat competitive public school)

6 APs, and 4 dual credit classes

A lot of ECs (band, HOSA officer, SNHS, student council officer, NHS special olympics committee head, AcaDeca, Science Olympiad, Superintendent advisory council, principals advisory council, interact club, and environmental club)

Worked at a summer camp and a country club

Should I still have hope for an acceptance? Iā€™m not going to UT Iā€™m set on TAMU (sorry yā€™all) I just want to know and like I said I wonā€™t care if i donā€™t have a chance of getting in Iā€™ve already gotten into my top 2 schools :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its going to be very difficult getting into UT Austin if you sent in your ACT score.

3 Likes

@GpPsych if you submitted your ACT, chances are slim.

3 Likes