UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

How can I withdraw my application? I don’t see a button for doing so anywhere.
Edit: Found the button

3 Likes

admitted for canfield bhp 12/21/2022
sat 1560 top1% auto admit

5 Likes

Has anyone got CSB yet? My son got Canfield bhp, but not hear from CSB

3 Likes

What is CSB?

1 Like

Did you hear from Mccombs about your regular admission ?

1 Like

yes,I heard from AO via phone first, later night found portal updated.

Texas Honors Computer Science and Business (Texas CSB), a new integrated honors degree program between the Canfield Business Honors Program and the Department of Computer Science.

2 Likes

Oh Ok , yes I hope you get the CSB . So did you say you heard from Mccombs regular admission on Dec 22nd?

2 Likes

What are the expected job outcomes from this program?

Based on the past 2 years, where the first January decisions were released on Friday the 14th and Friday the 15th, it seems possible that Friday the 13th might be the day to watch, although it’s still purely speculation.

8 Likes

Supposedly having both CS and Business knowledge candidates will be best for top MIS jobs managing ERP systems. CSB students in UT are confident and competitive.

But from recent graduates from CSB we found out the four-year program lacks in depth CS knowledge. At the same time, managing ERP requires in depth accounting knowledge. I still prefer recruiting pure CS graduates. If UT makes CSB a 5 year program that will be best.

2 Likes

Hi guys really confused about the whole admission process, wanted to see about my sons chances at admission and if not chances of other programs that feed into ut, any help would do a great deal thanks.
Gpa: unweighted 3.65 weighted:4.66
Top 14% of class at pretty competitive hs
Sat: 1260
Applying to liberal arts school as history major
Has varisty sports and lots of volunteer work as extracurricular.

Well he’s not guaranteed based on rank. And his SAT is above the 25th percentile but not by much.

I can’t chance UT but with a 29% acceptance rate- and with 86% of kids in the top 10% of their class, his odds likely aren’t great.

Still, you never know - and wouldn’t he rather go to a school for four years and love the school vs. going to UT via a feeder program? It looks like there’s the PACE program to get kids in who go to the local community college - but they offer it to select students. I’d personally rather see a kid go to a school for four years and get that experience…ie love the school that loves you back. If UT Austin doesn’t show love, then find someone who does!!

Best of luck.

5 Likes

Ok, thanks for the feedback, do you know anything more about this pace program? Is it offered from UT to the student or is there a way my son and I could show interest in the program and maybe get offered that way? Also how do u think this compares to the pathway program where u can attend a feeder school for a year then attend UT the following?

1 Like

Hi!
My daughter might go to UT at Moody (waiting for honors college).
If she does, she will DEFINITELY try for UTNY for a year most likely.
How has your experience been with that? Applying for it, the program, etc
TIA!
(I grew up in NY so she’s super interested in landing in the NE at some point)

2 Likes

you’d have to ask UT - contact a counselor.

Does UT Austin do rolling admissions?

1 Like

@FunnyScreenName, I sent you a private message.

2 Likes

My UT junior will be doing UTNY this summer and she is so excited. She is in Moody Journalism/Public Relations

@beachgirl2000 I hope she has a great time! My son loved it.

3 Likes