UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter is also waiting on UT Austin as a holistic applicant. She’s been admitted to three other in-state unis (A&M is her top choice for her major) and this is the last decision she’s waiting on. She’s applying to CNS, so it will be tough.

May I ask what major? I believe some majors will be much more competitive in liberal arts (such as psychology and economics) than others.

Hi! Her major will be Government.

My top 7% non-auto daughter was accepted into Moody on what would be this coming Friday in 2020.

5 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I think she has a pretty good chance! Only thing that might hold her back is being non-auto, but top 12% puts her relatively high in the non-auto pool. UT can be weird with these sorts of things, though, so it’s near impossible to predict.

3 Likes

Has anyone received Computer Science major admission letter from auto pool? I looked up the posts but did not find any saying their CS in-state kids are in CS yet, am I right?

@Joynew Honestly, without any extracurricular involvement, leadership roles, awards, etc. It’s really hard to chance anyone for UT with just stats. Does she have any involvement to support her major? How did her essays tie her major and the leadership involvement? Also AP classes are important to show how the student challenged herself to prepare for rigorous UT programs so many credit hours doesn’t really mean much.

I have also been awaiting an admission decision from UT-Austin, please let me know if i have any chance at all.

Biochemistry Major, non-Auto but In-State, 3.9 UW Gpa, 1540 SAT 35 ACT 16 APs

Extracurriculars include:
Summer Research Internship at a top 10 University biochem lab, Advocacy work across Texas at a graduate student initiative based at an prestigious university, Research & Outreach at a Global Non-Profit, Shadowing + Nurse Assistant, School Club Leadership, and some more research related internships and an advocacy project making research a core theme within my application

also have nmsqt semifinalist and some national+state level awards

i feel that my extracurriculars are decent, and somewhat competitive compared to a few auto-admits that I know, but i understand being non-auto makes it extremely difficult so I was just wondering if I have any chance, i used to be top 6% but dropped due to a couple B’s and my high school is extremely competitive so that’s enough to kick me

I had a few more question, does UT Austin look at mid-year reports? and if this friday really is the date for the first january wave, will both autos and non autos receive decisions?

1 Like

Do you have a chance? Yes

With 16 APs and a 3.9, it’s amazing to me you’re not an auto qualifier.

Good luck.

1 Like

From Common App. They don’t require MYR. Junior transcript and final transcript.

School Report Required
Final Report Required
Teacher Evaluation(s): 0 Required, 2 Optional
Other Evaluation(s): 0 Required, 2 Optional

What grade (9, 10, 11, 12) did you get your Bs and what subjects (your future major like science classes)? Admissions look for upward trends, but you might be a great student holistically reviewed.

check texadmissions’s blog, agreeing with the other commenter as previous years have had some decisions released this friday and the next.

1 Like

Outside the rank, everything in your application is good so your admission will largely depend on your essay about how you are going to use the UT degree. UT won’t consider mid year report.

Out-of-state student here. Any idea when decisions for out-of-state students will be released?

1 Like

There is a good chance that a wave of admits is released this Friday. Pretty sure they will release some out-of-state decisions then. Remember that UT must have 90% of their admits be in-state applicants, so I’m not sure how many out-of-state admits will be released.

My son got his OOS decision at the beginning of February, but that was awhile back. He got into Biomedical Engineering.

Does UT release at a certain time of day? And is there an email notification? Thanks!

1 Like

My son received an email at 7pm telling him to check MyStatus for an update.

2 Likes

I think they update mystatus at around 5 and then send emails out around 7 but i might be wrong

1 Like

My DS has applied to CBHP. He has not received a notification that he has been selected for an interview. Is there an approximate date by which an applicant can safely assume he/she is out of the running for Canfield if you have not received an interview notice? If so, what is that approximate date?

1 Like

Same for my son. Good question.

4 Likes

Will denials also come out on Friday?

1 Like