UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

following

Thank you

Where do you get the data? I am interested in looking up other schools

I believe they took 50 kids into the new statistics and data science this year. My daughter is a current freshman in CNS and was asked if she wanted to switch into this major (She did not).

1 Like

I just got my UT EID on August 31. I applied August 1st. The housing application does not seem to be open for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes - we can’t get it open either. Maybe it just takes a few days.

I have not been able to open Housing application as well

Following this thread. I have a HS senior applying to UT Austin for fall '23.

I also have a UT senior right now. He’s RTF/Advertising class of '22 doing an extra semester at UTNY, graduating in December. I am happy to answer any questions!

5 Likes

Auto-admit acceptance came through today!

6 Likes

Is anyone able to complete the housing application yet? It doesn’t seem to let me login to it.

yes, I was able to complete the housing application

is the advertising major/concentration at McCombs? Any idea about OOS McCombs GPA average?

What is auto- admit? is it only for in-state?

UT Austin auto admit = in state only, top 6% rank in HS class

1 Like

@Pre-college, Advertising at UT Austin is in the Moody College of Communications. The major does require some classes from the college of business.

I do not know the answer to your second question about OOS McCombs GPA.

1 Like

Has anyone had issues with Common App and UT EID? Does it matter to use Apply Texas or Common App?

Thanks!

It took 2-3 days for UT EID to activate after applying on Common App. As per UT, it does not matter if you use Apply Texas or Common App.

1 Like

Does auto admits have to wait to submit an application until they get an official auto admit confirmation from UT? Just curious to know

One must apply to The University of Texas first, then after receiving the students high school transcript with rank will they send an official auto admit confirmation.

1 Like

UT Austin needs transcript, I do not see LORs required, is that correct?

4 Likes