UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Some will come out at the very end of Jan. My sophomore heard around the 27th and one of his friends was offered PACE in Moody a few days later. So it’s hard to say there’s a set percentage that comes out at any given time based on past years.

1 Like

I think we’re all asking the same questions, VCJ. The reality is no one knows. It is mere speculation at this point in time. I am optimistic that we’ll all hear something by the end of Jan. Perhaps, some of us will start hearing first thing tomorrow. For what it’s worth, I’ve been refreshing the page every 30 minutes or so, but to no avail. Fingers crossed. Here’s wishing you and everyone else the very best as we head into what promises to be a nail-biting last mile for the early applicants!

6 Likes

I have not heard anything yet. Waiting too. :slight_smile:

do admissions decisions come out at 5pm central time? i live in LA so i’m wondering if it will be 5pm for me too or if itll be 3pm

Also waiting for tomorrow night. Fingers crossed for good news. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

4 Likes

Usually, MyStatus is updated at around 5 pm CST or after and the emails come out at around 7 pm CST. Because you live in LA, it would be around 3 pm for you.

1 Like

Did everyone get the Texas Exes Scholarship Deadline Approaching email? I know this is reaching but since they’re probably releasing a wave today, is it a good sign if we get that email? Or did everyone get it?

I guess everyone got it. S23 got it.

2 Likes

is it a wave or all of EA? in state and OOS?

1 Like

it’s just a big wave, def not all of them

I quickly perused the 2026 UT thread. It appeared to me that most, if not all, OOS EA applicants did not receive a decision until the the very end of January. I could be wrong, but that is they way it appeared to me.

Will today’s decisions mostly be for auto-admits?

2 Likes

I have absolutely no idea.

1 Like

Do we think any OOS decisions are coming out today?

What is the possibility I hear from UT today and get in? I’m an in-state auto admit who applied to McCombs with a 100.4133 GPA, multiple varsity sports, and multiple leadership roles with tons of AP and dual-enrolled classes.

1 Like

Has anyone called UT to ask?

1 Like

Last year the first thing to change was the number of tabs (from 5 to 6) in My Status, then My Status was updated, then the decision emails came out. Those with CAP offers mostly came out a week or two later. We went through this waiting game last year for one daughter on to do it again this year for the next daughter.

7 Likes

The 5 tabs are Dashboard, Admission, Housing, Financial Aid, Honors.
What is the 6th tab?

1 Like

My daughter has a 6th tab - My Documents… is this it? She said it’s a new tab, but can’t be certain.

4 Likes

I have that too but I think I had all of those before?

1 Like