UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Nothing here either. Maybe next week!

Watch them release decision on a surprise day like the weekend or something weird…

Nothing
In state, holistic- Moody RTF

Same for my son. Also RTF.

fr​:sob::face_with_spiral_eyes::joy:

1 Like

I told you not to read the tea leaves. Of course, I’ve posted the same warning on this forum for 12 years and nobody has ever paid any attention. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My son received acceptance into Turing scholar program today. They sent a letter in mail. Received CS admit decision in mid-dec

5 Likes

Is it better to release everything on February 1 or have rolling admission by February 1?

UF and FSU are in mid to late February but Purdue is January 15.

2 Likes

Purdue EA was tonight at 430 pm et.

3 Likes

@tristatecoog we have a friend who found out Purdue acceptance tonight (Engineering).

4 Likes

Can you please share when he submitted application? Thanks!

What does holistic mean?

1 Like

Not auto-admit

2 Likes

Is Texas the only state in the U.S. with auto-admission to the top x%? Others limit the amount OOS (eg, 18% at UNC and 10-15% throughout Florida public u system) and that’s an additional issue at UT (10% OOS/intl).

1 Like

California has top 9% rule, but only guarantees UC, no specific campus

2 Likes

I don’t think so. My son’s RIS has his personal information but he’s received nothing.

1 Like

Better to release everything on the same day. This is the worst.

6 Likes

What are UT Austin undergraduate Physics major for OOS student?

Stats: 3.75 UW/4.15 W, 1470/SAT, IB Diploma - IB Math HL, IB Physics HL, IB CS HL; Astrophysics research; Decent essays and probably good Recos

Checking as admissions for OOS students is competitive. is it too competitive for CS and few others alone or across the board including physics?

Appreciate your help

1 Like

Not really across the board competitive, just the number is small due to the Texas law. Your student still stand a good chance. The key will be on the essay.

3 Likes

Limiting OOS for public schools is normal way to protect taxpayers’ resources.

1 Like