UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Well, till I found this thread, I had no idea getting into the engineering program at Crockwell was so difficult. Now I am starting to worry for my child. She put all her eggs in this basket, despite the parents saying to apply for other engineering programs. She is in the 2% of her class so she is an auto admit to UT but not to Crockwell.

2 Likes

Good luck to her!

1 Like

There’s still time for other fine schools and if she’s top 2% she’s likely in for high merit at the others.

3 Likes

Hey guys, just checking in. Has anyone heard from the Moody School yet? I heard UT was releasing decisions soon but I wasn’t sure if they were college specific.

2 Likes

nothing yet oos mccombs

4 Likes

nothing yet in state cs

1 Like

by soon did u mean today or sometime this week?

2 Likes

Historically end of month will be CAP, so between now and end of month (within the next 10-12 days) is pretty soon.

1 Like

UT has really rewritten their admissions history this year so honestly who knows.

1 Like

Non-auto admit and in-state applicant here! I was wondering if anyone knew the competitiveness for Speech Communication: Political Communications as a major? This is what I applied to (PD) and I would like to gage the program I applied to!

anyone see anything?

2 Likes

No. I didn’t see anything.

2 Likes

Yes this week would work.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! No word yet. I just wish they would let us know. I’ve never been this nervous.

2 Likes

Same here, bro! UT isn’t even my top choice and it has me the most nervous out of all the colleges!! They really know how to get you hooked!

3 Likes

does anyone know the average sat / gpa for the college of education or how hard it is to get into? I applied and im oos

Last cycle exclude special recruits, CoE SAT average 1470, GPA 3.92 UW. UT process affirmative action so the range can be wide for diversity.

No word yet. In-state, non-auto.

No word yet either.

1 Like

I think we’ll be waiting until Friday.

2 Likes