UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

There is no specific weekday, last few years before end of January, some EA even get acceptance in the weekend.
Since housing deposit already made a long time ago. One can just check portal on Feb 1st if apply EA.
Niece auto-admit last year, applied RD, got her acceptance in March.

Do you know medical laboratory science average SAT and SAT? Thanks!

1 Like

It is a relatively new major, last cycle avg 1500/34

2 Likes

what about computer science? thank u sm

Comp Science is 1550/35, s.d. +/-120 though.
When the avg. scores become super high, the main thing is more about diversity, essay, and then EC.

2 Likes

where do u see these stats? curious about bio/chem majors in cns

Is this for this yearā€™s or 2022?

Yes

Bio and Chem have no standalone data. Because Bio has BA (General Bio) and BS with 12 options. Chem also have BA (General Chem) and BS with 4 options. Biochemistry is a tough program with 1500/34 avg.

1 Like

Do you know the stats for McCombs?

Exclude targeted recruits and diversity it has a meaningless 1520/34. It is not like one with higher score will become a surefire admit.

It is unpredictable as even students with top 1.6% rank last cycle were rejected (offered COLA) while some with lower rank and scores got accepted. So it is no longer about scores. It may be more about who (1) can convince AO that they are not treating UT as a backup (2) address the point ā€œchange the worldā€ with a UT degree.

4 Likes

What about stats for Moody? My daughter is waiting to hear back about the film program. And my son is waiting on Sports Managementā€¦

Moody and Education both have lower scores average. 1430/31. Again score is not everything. At times UT need the essays to stand out because many applicants somehow just put their past on their essays.
Both have PACE offers but no CAP option. If applied early the decision will come within the next 10-11 days. PACE is as good as full admission. Hope both of your students get in!

2 Likes

FriscoDadā€¦ you are a plethora of info! Not feeling very hopeful for my non-auto TX boy, but truly appreciate all of your insight.

6 Likes

Also important to remember that mostly kids with high test scores are submitting, so the test score averages may be skewed a bit. My daughter was admitted a couple of years ago without a test score.

4 Likes

@FriscoDad and anyone who may know, Is it too late to ask UT to not consider my SAT score? Because I submitted a 1230 to history general major and the recent posts on this thread about scores are absolutely terrifying me.

1 Like

Iā€™m a non-auto (Top 14%) instate applicant for History BA at College of Liberal Arts with 3.73/4.00 UW and 4.985/6.00 W and I applied test optional since my score wasnā€™t competitive (1290). Strong EC and essay

Since my GPA isnā€™t super competitive and I didnā€™t submit an SAT score to compensate I hope my EC and essay will pull though. Iā€™m hoping for admission or PACE :pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

Received an interview request for ECB program (dual ECE/business honors) today! Anyone have any BHP interview advice?

4 Likes

Has Education to your knowledge done a drop yet?

Casual conversation but you do need to come up with some unique and convincing reason why you prefer that combo.

1 Like