UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

When your childs school counselor sends the transcript they also send a “school profile”. I don’t know what specifically is contained in that but my understanding is that it gives them insight into exactly what you’re asking. To your point someone in the top 5% in one school program might not make the top 25% in a different program. Some schools don’t even offer AP courses so the university will consider that when they see the student took 0 AP courses.

4 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully the school report shows how hard it is to be top 10% at our school. We will keep our fingers crossed…hopefully today will be the day! UT Austin used to be number one choice, but after this crazy admission process we are not so sure anymore.

Most high schools publish the “school profile” or you can ask to see it. Included in the school profile are GPA lines and grade equivalent, colleges and universities students have attended, AP and dual credit classes offered, etc.
If a high school is well-known The University of Texas will have a sense of the students and abilities.

1 Like

I have not heard anything yet. Was hoping to see someone else who hadn’t heard yet too. keeping my fingers crossed.

Called UT Admissions office on Fri 1/20 at 9 AM CST, got through within less than 2 mins of hold, the lady who answered the phone was very polite and said decisions could be released between today and end of the month for priority and they do not have a fixed date for releasing decisions. She said that they cannot handle releasing all decisions on a single date otherwise their system will crash…She also said they have not had a wave this month and their last wave was in December 2022.

22 Likes

“cannot handle releasing all decisions on a single date otherwise their system will crash.”

If only they had a Computer Science department to help them do what hundreds of other large schools are able to do.

14 Likes

a 1420 is an amazing score, but unfortunately, everyone’sperception is messed up now that we have test optional.

5 Likes

I have the same question. I have a student who scored 36 on the ACT, is NMSF, has 3.95 UW gpa, and 5 AP tests (CS, Calc, Phisics etc: all but one 5s) but is far outside of top 10% of the class, which is absolutely creazy to me! Applied to CS at UT. I believe she has a chence but trying to keep expectations low.

1 Like

Online chancing tends to be counterproductive, but if she has a 5 on AP CS, a 36 ACT, and 3.95 UW GPA, I can’t imagine she’ll be rejected from CS. It also helps a bit to be a girl in CS. I assume you haven’t heard anything from the Turing program though?

1 Like

Has anyone head back from the Forty Acres program in January 2023
so far?

According to the subreddit, people have. It seems like they’ve probably finished the first round.

Does anyone know if there will be a wave today?

can you link the subreddit? i can only find old ones

Has anyone heard back about a forty acres interview? They said mid January to hear back, but so far no one has.

1 Like

class of 26 heard back on jan 20th, but i don’t know if the dates are different for this year

ok thanks!

Can you post a link to the subreddit please

I know we’re not supposed to get our hopes up too much about today but the suspense is killing me.

9 Likes

links aren’t allowed (which is stupid) but reddit(dot)com/r/UTAustinAdmissions2/comments/105b2l9/forty_acres_scholarship_program
According to the post, the deadline for some part of it was the 17th. I personally have not received an email though.

1 Like

reddit(dot)com/r/UTAustinAdmissions2/comments/105b2l9/forty_acres_scholarship_program