UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does anyone know if it will come out tonight

2 Likes

1580 SAT, 3.92 GPA UW, Senior programmer at school robotics team who reached worlds, Deca area president and VP Finance. 12 APs. OOS

2 Likes

Nice!! Does she love it?!

1 Like

Absolutely. The best!

25% of Stanford enrollees had over 1560 on SAT.

They admitted 3.9% of all applicants.
They admitted 30% of the few with 1600 SAT.

Rice denied an ED friend of my son who had a 1600 SAT.

UT CAPs many National Merit SemiFinalist applicants. Other schools give huge scholarships to all NMSFs.

It’s a wacky world.

2 Likes

is ut Austin for sure today?

1 Like

GPAs are insanely inflated and many schools weigh GPAs completely differently

1 Like

Is it coming out?

Ours only mention UW, teachers refuse to round a 89.7 to 90. Very tough school.

1 Like

This is a UT forum

I think they mean unweighted GPA

1 Like

There are also schools that do NOT have numerical averages. There, the average of an A one term and a B another term is an A. The colleges never see the B’s… only the final grade. In addition some schools have finals worth 14% of a student’s final grade and some have none. You can tell by grading policies which schools are tougher than others. I just hope that the colleges are aware also. It’s a shame, especially since kids from different school districts with different grading policies are compete for merit aid.

1 Like

*competing :slight_smile:

read the thread

1 Like

One student at my school just got in today at 3:00pm central time. I do not know the major.

At our school (my D’s school) no retakes allowed, tests and semester final test is over 30% of the grade and teachers are very hard on the kids. with that 89.7 isnt rounded off. Plus the school wont weigh in ap/honors courses. Ranting here.

in state or oos?

In state auto.

3 Likes

Heard 6-8pm tonight possible

Anyone have any new activity on the RIS today? I’m pretty sure my son’s went from Bad Data a couple of weeks ago to having details about his major etc. I don’t know when that change happened or if it means anything or not. Does anyone else have personal details on their RIS now?