UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

What major? CS?

I got my Canfield interview a few days ago. I’m OOS btw.

3 Likes

What programs at UT do interviews?

Did you receive an email or was it on the portal?

On the portal it says that they haven’t received my SAT scores yet. I sent it back in mid-October. Is this normal?

I’m an auto admit and got in for bio a few weeks back.

1 Like

Double check that they were sent on CB. I would also call them to make sure your order went through.

I heard back about my major decision on November 16th.

It was an email

1 Like

D got her major Biochem last week.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard anything from Cockrell or McCombs? I have not seen any majors from those 2.

Has anyone that’s non-auto admit got anything from CS yet?? Also, do you guys think they’ll release a wave of decisions this Friday?

DD who graduated in 2019 from high school got her admission decision to McCombs on the first Friday in December. She was non-auto and a number of her friends received their major decisions on that day. Nobody can predict UT will follow any specific pattern but potentially expecting a wave of major decisions this Friday !

3 Likes

Are you instate? I think EA decisions are feb 1, at least for OOS. That is
what their website lists as the decision date.

1 Like

That is not the earliest date. All the EA decisions should be out before Feb, but they will start rolling out from Dec onwards in phases.

2 Likes

There is a book titled “Your Ticket to the 40 Acres” which is a great resource of information regarding the UT admissions process from someone who was an admissions counselor at UT. Has some great insight into the process and suggestions for students that intend on applying to UT.

Nothing my D23 can do at this point but anxiously wait with everyone else.

1 Like

interesting, thank you. Any idea how they notify? An email that can come at any time for the next two months?

Email and update in MyStatus.

2 Likes

Last year, majority of the students heard in mid Jan. My D heard back from McCombs at that time as well.

4 Likes

She was an Auto-admit

4 Likes