UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

True, that post is an obvious guess. For EA either today or tomorrow. A few years back they just had it once on Feb 1st.

2 Likes

@FriscoDad Can you chance me for McCombs? I made a post on here 11 days ago

1 Like

even for OOS?

1 Like

CS major, my school doesn’t rank. DECA area president, robotics senior programmer for a team which was WORLD’s finalist, President and founder of Computer science Honors society club and science Olympiad club, good volunteering hours, summer internship at All states.

where did you get these stats

Check at 6?

u think unc oos honors is comparable to chances for ut bio in state non auto? coping because i just want the latter and somehow got the former w a not 6% rank

Well, I saw the email from the Reddit thing, it seems legit but idk. So far nothing on my side

so far nothing for me too

Can someone send a screenshot of that email on here?

5 Likes

Hang on

Yeah this was the one

1 Like

That sounds low
If I had to guess, I would guess 75K

3 Likes

Thanks! It could be real but it doesn’t seem like what they would say. And who is it addressed to on the email thing bc they can always fake the “Best, UT admissions team”

2 Likes

Just 66,000? When Wisconsin and Northeastern and others are reporting 100k? I think thats fishy.

2 Likes

Hi All, this is a ChanceMe post so ignore if you wish. Welp, did not wanna do this because I didn’t want to destroy my self-confidence but since we are in the eleventh hour I suppose I will.

MAJOR: Biomedical Engineering

CLASS RANK: None because I am homeschooled (this is what I am most worried about)

GPA: 3.86 UW

SAT: 1450

3 APs and roughly 60 hours of Dual Credit

ECs:

• Did a Biotech Research program where I learned about the field and did basic projects (involving things like electrophoresis, PCR testing, etc)

• Played BBall (nothing special though)

• Led a Global Issues Network Club (example of what we did would be a clean energy campaign that helped people convert to clean energy)

• Volunteered at HHR (organization that sends food, clothes, etc to countries in need)

• Led Prayer during Ramadan and organized events pertaining to that during Covid

• Led a science co-op for two age groups (KG-1st grade and 3rd to 4th grade). This is probably the best EC I have.

Those are the main ECs

Honors:

AP Scholar

Associates Degree

1st place in a Mock legislature

Essays were good I’d say but that is subjective obviously.

Do you guys think I can get in? I know I’m not auto-admit (which sucks as a homeschooler) and my stats are meh but I am still hopeful. If there are any other BME majors who would not mind sharing their stats that would be cool.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Hi, just wondering where did you see the fall 2023 application numbers for Wisconsin and Northeastern? Thanks

On their own threads over the last two weeks.

Given the history of Reddit, I am not buying it.

6 Likes