UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

For OOS, almost all are top stat students. UT tends to add students who can bring diversity (not just race, but other forms). Unrank also adds to uncertainty because college admissions create an internal PI for ranks and applicants have no visibility of it.

DECA is a good EC, robotics and orchestras not really look heavily nowadays as there are too many applicants with those qualifications. Your student is a good candidate for GT. Good Luck!

1 Like

Yep, the EA final wave is coming out now.

4 Likes

Can anyone confirm with a school counselor that the email is real? I see three people on reddit confirming, which makes me think it might actually be real (application number aside)

What is GT ?

my RIS just updated and i can select semester. no longer says bad 1000 data. hoping this is a good sign

2 Likes

rejected from ut austin oos

2 Likes

Wow. results are out

8 Likes

Yep, they are coming…My daughter just got her acceptance - Chemical Engineering. She is in state and auto!! Good luck to you all!!!

7 Likes

got email?

1 Like

My non-auto admit DD just got admitted! No email. Just checked the portal!

4 Likes

no email. Checked portal

McCombs for my auto admit son!!!

2 Likes

same here

No on portal

1 Like

Oos denied
34 act
99 average
11AP

1 Like

My OOS daughter was admitted to Early Childhood education

1 Like

for reference to anyone
rejected
asian central usa second gen
3.91/4.18
business founder, multiple exec positions at startups, research intern x2, elected leadership positions (made 31k at a nonprofit), more

I just got CAPped : (

1 Like

no email or anything. never had anything show up on that RIS page people were talking about. and yet, on the application portal…

ACCEPTED. nice.

OOS (NJ). Government major. 1530 SAT, 4.6 weighted GPA.

Gotta say, I was not expecting her (my daughter) to get in…

3 Likes

i got CAPped

1 Like