UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Accepted, Architecture - auto, top 2% 4.4 wt, 1480

2 Likes

Son accepted! Mechanical Engineering at Cockrell. In state, non auto-admit (from an unranking private school), applied test optional. Lots of engineering related EC’s on his resume dating back to freshman year. 4-year varsity athlete in 2 sports.

4 Likes

My son was Accepted school of petroleum engineering , 3.7 gpa , 1570 sat.

3 Likes

@texasstudent22 impossible, McCombs isn’t a CAP option.

2 Likes

Alabama will be fun forever … ROLL TIDE! :grinning:

3 Likes

Did he get into the Honors program too? Trying to understand when that gets updated. My son got into CS too

2 Likes

Appeal, very low chance of success but UT seems to use that as some sort of psuedo waiting list. Know of several last few years who got admitted that way in late April. Otherwise look for schools still open for applications and have engineering schools, but a lot of them are very likely full for better schools or deadline has passed.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Did your daughter submit ACT/SAT? Just trying to plan for next year nursing application!

Any Plan II notifications this evening?

My son was accepted into 2nd choice major in November, still waiting on Plan II decision.

In state - Auto Admit

In CS, 1590, top 1.5%.

2 Likes

Putting this out there for reference
OOS Denied
1490/ 3.87 UW/ lots of APs
Various and lots of ECs- varsity letter 2 sports, lots of leadership, championship pianist, scout, leadership award from archdiocese, active certified scuba diver, and held a job through HS
Awesome essays (IMO)
Got into UMich, Purdue, Wisconsin, Colorado Boulder and 3 others ALL ENGINEERING PROGRAMS. Waiting on Virginia Tech and Virginia.
Congrats to all that got in. Being OOS, we knew it would be tough!

2 Likes

new goal: beg for aid and honors lol

Stats:
in state, top 10%, 1570/34, 2 time txsef qualifier, placed in various virtual/state coding comps including lockheed martin codequest & hpe codewars, published research in IEEE SSCI-21

i think i got into cs only bc im in state tho. got 2nd choice at both uiuc and ga tech…

5 Likes

Great stats and resume. Lots of great choices! I vote Purdue!

1 Like

We are still waiting on that too. Have not seen any Plan II or LAH admissions posted here.

2 Likes

Has anyone still not gotten a decision yet?

My son just got accepted!.OOS, Physics Major.

3 Likes

I have not got decision

I am International student

1 Like

did you apply priority? are you in-state?

So who is still waiting to check the portal until Feb. 1st like a whole bunch of people have said was “the smart thing” to do?

2 Likes