UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Any international student whi got admitted?

Yepp
 EA, OOS, Architecture, no decision in portal.

1 Like

My daughter got in for Nursing too!!! Congrats!

2 Likes

Hey, that’s what in-state is supposed to be for, supporting Texas residents. CS is insanely hard to get into, in-state or out-of-state. Congrats

3 Likes

Got into Northeastern D’Amore Mckim and UT Austin McCombs, what do you guys think is the better option? Out of state from New Jersey btw

1 Like

Youre asking this on the UT thread? What opinion do you think likely to get?

7 Likes

Just curious :rofl:

McCombs if you can afford it.

3 Likes

While McCombs is the better business program, oos students typically don’t get aid or scholarships, so I would base your decision on the financial aspect.

1 Like

FYI- OOS son rejected for Aerospace Engg.

We hope it’s UMich
.(hubby and I are alumni) but son is between Purdue, UMich, V Tech. Happy he has options.

2 Likes

Congrats everyone!
My son is OSS from NJ- Moody BSRTF
3.89/4.0 Test Optional/ Rank 18/282
Strong Leadership/ Filmmaker

5 Likes

My portal is not still updated, any thing that i should be aware of?

2 Likes

My D got into McCombs - Auto admit

8 Likes

Yes, was told they wrapped up everything last weekend. For Feb and March will be RD and portfolio requiring majors.

1 Like

Any insight on honors decisions like LAH or Plan II? Still haven’t heard anything on those. Auto admit who heard about her major back in October.

Well those who don’t check this forum and reddit. Here is a small group of parents over worrying in acceptance.

My D was capped
but is being considered for the Chancellor Scholarship at TCU so I think our decision has been made :wink:

9 Likes

LAH and Plan II release will come between December and March. Since there is no specific hard quota (parents pay for the extra hours
), they will provide more acceptance when COLA tally is completed. Those are very good experience.

1 Like

And I guess their kids don’t have friends or classmates that will tell them that acceptance offers are almost all out tonight. Or the parents have no friends and no Facebook and won’t know that the offers are out tonight. So I guess that huge group of applicants!!!