UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

So sorry ! My son as well got denied OOS
4.0 national merrit 34 act asb president
Student government NHS pres school tech intern
Community hero award small town scholarship
Varsity soccer captain of soccer team wrote and publish a book that’s in Amazon for mental health
Publish an app for his book in the App Store 10 Ap
5 on 4 Ap exams and denied :joy: also got into 6 other engineering schools . Managed website for let food bank math tutor . Lots is great candidates out there so hard to choose

2 Likes

My Son got rejected today. OOS CS. Applied for RD.
3.86UW/4.3 W, National Merit SF
1540 SAT, 10+ APs.

2 Likes

you all are amazing or rather your kids are. i’m sure you’ll end up at a great place for you.

In state,capped, CS

@FriscoDad thanks for the reply. Just for my understanding, CAP is only for COLA. If any other major is to be pursued at UT Austin, you will have to apply again as transfer student for that major and there is a possibility that you may not get that major and rejected all together.

1 Like

accepted, in-state, non auto (McCombs School of Business)

3.51 UW / 4.50 W (7 AP’s, 1 DC)
Test Optional, Rank Optional

Outstanding Supplements / Main Essay (Revolved around me owning computer software rental business, 29,000 discord members, $5k~/week sales avg, etc)

EC’s included finance internship, DECA ICDC qualifier, Coursera financial markets course, some volunteering (70~ hours Christian food Pantry, and others), texas boys state, school finance club founder.

4 Likes

Son accepted
Moody Radio-Television-Film
Out of State, NJ

Strong creative portfolio / short films / screenplay
Years of film production extracurriculars
Film club founder

2 Likes

Congrats. My son was also accepted into the RTF program. In state. Non auto. Top 12%. WGPA 4.37. Lots of AP, NHS VP. Close to 300 hours Community Service. ACT 27. Strong essay.

2 Likes

If I do the CAP program will I be guaranteed admission for economics and if not is it really that competitive or should it be relatively easy ?

You should check with the admissions office and the department. I have gotten different answers every year (3 years ago for my older son and last year). I think they keep changing this policy

Rejected.
OOS female
35 ACT
Highest rigor and all A’s
Good EC
Accepted to Maryland and Michigan, deferred to Wisconsin.
Go Blue I guess?!

4 Likes

Baylor (by FEBRUARY 1), UT Dallas, U. of Houston, Texas tech, Texas state are all still accepting applications. Only Texas A&M’s deadline seems to be past

3 Likes

did anyone recieve honors with their admission? it seems like most people have honors under review. for honors, cns specifically in my case, is the extended resume the most important thing? and if I am non-auto will it hurt my chances, or will my rank be re-reviewed holistically as I’ve already been admitted

Good luck! That was my major, many moons ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

OOS DS Denied/rejected. 1580/4.0uw; 10APs; national awards, great ECs, etc URM
Tough process; very little predictive value for any school with small percentage of admittance (<20%). One thing for sure: All students on this thread are very hard workers with amazing potential and U will find your place!

7 Likes

instate

1 Like

My D (Neuroscience) heard from Dean’s in December. Waiting to connect with fellow DSers!

2 Likes

When I see students like yours get rejected I get sad and mad at the colleges! Good thing: students who achieve this much in high school will thrive in college and beyond regardless of the name of the college they graduate from. Good luck to your son!

3 Likes

We filed the FAFSA in October and listed UT Austin on top of the list. All the other schools on list have acknowledged receiving FAFSA yet UT Austin financial tab says my son hasn’t filed it.
Is that they are still updating the portals for financial aid or do I need to get in touch with them. Anyone ?

Computer science major?