UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

any projections on this years general acceptance rate? I’ve heard that because UT was added to common app this year, application numbers expected to be around 75-90k

If you haven’t heard back yet, does that mean rejection from Dean’s?

How early is earlier? :grin:

If we got accepted to plan 2 today, does this mean we will not be accepted to Deans Scholar? Deans scholar results will be out on March 1, says the portal. Can someone get admitted to both and choose one or do both?

OOS son, test optional, 3.9 UW, solid ECs, essays, few APs declined. First rejection; a little surprised not deferred but I know it’s tough for OOS. Bummer.

1 Like

Did u get accepted to plan ii today, if you did what time?

1 Like

My son just heard on regular decision (denied OOS) so check portal.

1 Like

Thank you! Baylor is great! Great choices ahead.

2 Likes

I know they do waiting list as some of them end up going elsewhere after March results from other colleges. During my elder one’s, there was one wave in Feb & Mar for scholars program

Yesterday :slight_smile:

same question, got plan 2 today, deans is under review. please lmk!

1 Like

Responding to uta1 from yesterday regarding the limited practical value of in state autoadmit to some families …. I agree :100:.

My daughter is autoadmit from a very rigorous private school but we honestly didn’t put much value into the autoadmit.

Most of the top autoadmit kids want CS, engineering, business, plan II, other honors programs etc … and many of them don’t get that in the end so the autoadmit becomes useless from our experiences through older students from my daughter’s school.

My daughter decided to REA/ED to a T10 and was accepted in December.

@Capricorn112 @Gud1 Congrats on Plan II acceptance. From Plan II FAQ webpage:

Yes. It’s possible to combine Plan II with most other UT Austin honors programs. Plan II Honors majors often include the Canfield Business Honors Program, Engineering Honors, Dean’s Scholars and Turing Scholars programs in combination with Plan II Honors. Please see the full details at Other Honors Programs. There are also departmental honors programs available for most departments that Plan II students may apply to be a part of.

Accepted yesterday but Plan II and Liberal Arts Honors still say “under review.”

When do y’all think Honors program decisions could come out?

Tomorrow especially given the storm in tecas

My daughter got today

Liberal Arts Honors Scholars Program acceptances are out.

Any bhp homors?

If you are a Texas resident and meet freshman admissions requirements, they can offer you a spot at another UT campus (San Antonio or El Paso, for example). After finishing one year and having minimum GPA requirements, you are guaranteed a spot at UT Austin starting your second year.

1 Like