UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son’s Plan II status just updated from review to “We are not able to offer you admission to Plan II honors”

are all dean’s decisions rolling out today? I’m still under review, got into Plan 2 earlier today

2 Likes

I am International student and i still haven’t received my decision. Anyone having same situation as me?

1 Like

I still have “We’re reviewing your”…

Applied Regular Decision and accepted last night…very surprised!

OOS male
Mechanical Engineering
3.97 UW/4.4 W
35 ACT (36 science)
National Merit Commended
Highest Rigor for school
APs 5’s and a 4
strong leadership ECs but not specific to major…some are Eagle Scout, Band Pres, founder of school group/activist and varsity sports.

so far…accepted for ME to Purdue, NC State, OSU, U of Alabama, deferred to Georgia Tech (advice how to flip to accepted?)

semi-finalist for NC State Park Scholar (sadly not finalist)
Finalist for OSU Eminence Scholar

No notification about honors
Any chance for scholarships at UT Austin? or at least OOS fee waiver? Show me the money (please)!!

4 Likes

Very nice!!! My daughter is in the same exact program too!!!

1 Like

Students can get accepted to both and can choose to do one of them or both of them.

1 Like

Is Health Science Scholar honors a separate application? We only saw Plan 2 and Deans Scholar in the portal to apply to Accepted to CNS in Dec with plan 2 acceptance today as well. Deans, mm still under review, results by March 1. But what about Health Science, Polymathic etc? Are students automatically considered for these???

I did a separate application for Polymathic Scholars. It was on the portal prior to acceptance to CNS.

Have you interviewed?

1 Like

Did anyone apply to Textiles and Apparel? Pls share stats and if you got accepted or not

It’s same here!

You can do both. There are DS/Plan 2, HSS/Plan 2, and PS/Plan 2. My child is doing it.

My daughter was admitted to ECE last night.

DS, HSS, PS are each separate applications. DS more research-focused, HSS is research and/or community service. PS is more of a catch-all. People apply to one but have been offered a spot in another if the committee feels their application fits another group or maybe if they’re more competitive for that group. Seems like each year there’s one, maybe two, in each group that’s also in plan 2. The bad thing about the combination is that you can’t accept the APs in sciences or English. And the foreign language requirement.

For some reason in our portal for honors we only had DS and Plan 2🙁 Maybe we should email them,

That’s strange. What’s the major? I wonder if they made a change where certain majors can only do DS and not HSS or PS?

1 Like

My kid has almost decided to commit to UTAustin. However there are a couple elite universities he is still waiting on but lower likelihood. We want to wait till mid April to see if he gets into into any of these elite schools. However, if we wait, my kid may not get priority housing at Austin. Is it better to accept/commit to UT Austin and then withdraw if one of these comes through? Or is it not allowed to do so? We are OK to lose the deposit.

We would be OK to wait if we don’t have to worry about housing but we heard housing is very hard to come by unless you have accepted the priority housing. How easy is it to get good housing if we accept around mid April? Or early April?

1 Like

We should be friends!
My son is also in Petroleum.

It’s very exciting times.

1 Like