UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

My understanding is that your advance payment is reimbursable if you cancel your UT acceptance & housing application by May 1st. After that date, not only do you lose your advance payment, but you will incur additional cancellation fees. Refer to UT “After-Admission Checklist”.

The housing application fee of $50 you already paid unfortunately is not refundable

2 Likes

Congratulations. Its exciting.

I thought priority is based on the deposit payment date and time. Is that correct?

1 Like

I haven’t received my decision yet. I’m an international. Is this a good sign?

1 Like

Yes it is, that would be the non-refundable $50 deposit you make whenever you apply to UT. For my D, she paid the $50 back in October which placed her on a first come, first serve waitlist. Then there is a $300 refundable advance payment you have to pay which begins on March 1st based on where you are at on the waitlist. The $300 is refundable if you decide to cancel your admission by a certain deadline.

1 Like

where is the info one this? just curious, i did plan 2 as a biochem premed major and plan to accept so

1 Like

The impression I got was it also depends on when you accept admission. This whole process is so confusing :joy::joy::joy:

My kid has almost decided to commit to UTAustin. However there are a couple elite universities he is still waiting on but lower likelihood. We want to wait till mid April to see if he gets into into any of these elite schools. However, if we wait, my kid may not get priority housing at Austin. Is it better to accept/commit to UT Austin and then withdraw if one of these comes through? Or is it not allowed to do so? We are OK to lose the deposit.
We would be OK to wait if we don’t have to worry about housing but we heard housing is very hard to come by unless you have accepted the priority housing. How easy is it to get good housing if we accept around mid April? Or early April?

so is the $50 deposit enough for now to be sure we aren’t screwer out of housing? or do we need to go further in the housing application process even though we aren’t committing yet?

1 Like

Info is the years of experience of being in the program(s). Kids in these programs saying they applied to X but were given Y.
ETA you have to do a thesis for each honors program. Deans is research. HSS you can choose research or community service. HSS is more for premeds. I think the thesis has to be 35 pages. If you’re also in plan 2, it can be the same thesis paper, you just have to follow the plan 2 rules and it has to be I think 50 pages. I don’t remember the exact number of pages but it is some like that.

Others have answered so I won’t (I wasn’t ignoring you, I just went to sleep). But I will add that housing is difficult all 4 years. You have to do it early. Off campus apartments start filling for the following year in September-October. I think everything good is gone by early October. And that includes parking at these facilities.

2 Likes

Yes. As long as you have made the $50 housing deposit, it guarantees your spot in line when it comes to picking dorm rooms in June. You don’t need to commit to UT at this time. My D22 only committed in early April once she has heard from all the schools.

If you haven’t made the housing deposit, I would do so ASAP.

5 Likes

Thanks- we did that already.

Can someone please clarify…I paid the $50 housing application, but then after she was admitted it mentions something about it being tied to her deposit ($200), do you need to pay the deposit to actually be on the housing list? I was afraid to pay the deposit because I didn’t want to confirm enrollment quit yet. Thank you!

The status changed today morning to ‘need more time’ to review/make a decision

Any one got into UT iSchool?

I had the same question, but I think it’s just the $50 we need to pay now. hopefully someone who knows more than me can confirm, though.

1 Like

My son got in CSB.

1 Like

Does anyone know when honors decisions come out ?