UT-Austin VS Purdue

<p>Well, I’m not sure about the rankings about materials engineering for both of these schools.
But if you want to do chemical engineering, I suggest UT austin. Ranking and location wise I think it’s going to be a really good choice. There’s always a lot going on in Austin as compared to West Lafayette.</p>

<p>I’m not biased, just talking based on the rankings that I see. Purdue however is VERY WELL KNOWN for engineering and you wouldn’t go wrong with this choice either if you decide to. </p>

<p>My opinion. . . .</p>

<p>you should check the rankings for materials engineering and see which one ranks higher, i don’t really have info on this. Decide first what you want to major in…</p>

<p>Yes, Jimgotkp, I want to study Nano in depth in my grad. Maybe, from the discussion above, I feel that both universities really don’t have a big difference in their engineering schools. And it seems that I put too much attention on ranking, fame or something.</p>

<p>Thanks for your advice, Wallace, it is a pity that I didn’t get the offer from ChemE department at UT. Austin is really a good place where amazing happens. However, I am going for grad study, maybe acedemics is more important than location.</p>

<p>Hey no problem.</p>

<p>Hey I found this
[US</a> Graduate Materials Engineering School Rankings](<a href=“http://www.infozee.com/channels/ms/usa/materials-engineering-rankings.htm]US”>US Graduate Materials Engineering School Rankings)</p>

<p>not sure wat year its dated but shouldn’t be long ago.
Purdue seems slightly higher in materials if you wanna continue wat u’ve started in undergrad.</p>

<p>Thank you all. As an international student, I don’t know about US people’s comments on the two universities. Anyway, from the discussion above, it seems that I can draw the conclusion that neither of the two universities have obvious advantages to beat the other. Is that right?
Under this conclusion, I might choose Purdue because a professor whose research I am interested in helped me a lot to get me an offer in the situation where Purdue Chemical Engineeing have a strict financial limitation on international applicants. I don’t want to fail the professor and I am interested in his research anyway.</p>

<p>I am an alumni of both UT-Austin and Purdue. Both Universities have same ranking however I will vote for UT-Austin. Austin is capital of Texas and due its close proximity with Houston offers a lot of job opportunities</p>