UT Dallas Class of 2026 - Admission Discussion

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

My son received his acceptance to UTD CS first thing Monday morning. It took about a month. Out of state, 1530 SAT.

1 Like

DS still waiting, passed 6 weeks already…

1 Like

6.5 weeks, in state, CS, SAT 1350, Rank top 11%, still waiting…

1 Like

what major are you applying?

Computer Science

Today it says Admitted-Congratulations! Tomorrow would be exactly 7 weeks since app was complete

2 Likes

Congratulations! Tomorrow same will be 7 weeks but DS still waiting.

Thanks. Good luck to your son!

1 Like

When did you apply:
Class Rank: Top 50%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 580 Reading and 620 Math (Total 1200)
When did you receive your admission decision: Early to Mid October (applied July)
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Business

I am grateful that I got accepted to UTD. The only question I have is when will the financial aid package information come?

1 Like

File FAFSA first. Decision will come in Feb/March
For AES will be tough as most has high scores, ranking and GPA.

Thank you for your reply. For clarification, when you mean “Decisions will come in Feb/March” does that mean the financial aid offer?

Yes, assuming you finished FAFSA.

How urgent is it to pay the housing deposit? Can we do this before committing to attend? My son is accepted to UTD but we are waiting on AES and his other top choice acceptance/merit (should know mid Dec) before he’ll narrow down his decision. He has a few other good acceptances/merit offers at out of state schools, but he hasn’t been able to visit them in person yet. Depending on AES and his top choice’s results, we may go visit some of these other schools in Jan/Feb; which may shuffle his decision a bit. I’m not sure how soon we should commit the $100 for UTD housing. Right now UTD is his #2 but there are just too many unknowns. He is working on getting his honors college app in by 12/1, also interested in the engineering LLC.

Not urgent at all

1 Like

Has your student tried to log in to apply? I think student needs to accept the admission offer before they can do that, and will need UTD email to receive communications from Housing.

Son still waiting. Will be 8 weeks by tomorrow.

Son contacted admissions twice, each time they responded with different “application completed date” to make it sounded like still within 6 weeks…

Compared to UT and TAMU, UTD application is so obscure it doesn’t tell you what they really received. Son supposed to be auto-admit with a good SAT score, the only thing he could see in “To do list” was “Requirement Completed”, not the actual scores or rank, so no idea if they really received or matched correctly.
In student profile however, they show son’s social security number without encryption.
The weirdest thing is son can create email utdallas.edu and office 365 account.

1 Like

UTD appears very unorganized, poor communication with no transparency unlike TTU, TAMU and other TX schools.

4 Likes

I think he was able to get to the housing application even though he has not accepted the admissions offer yet. I do agree their web site is confusing. A couple weeks ago there was a button to apply for Collegium V Honors Program in his portal but then when he was going to actually apply this week it wasn’t there. He did find a link to the CV application a different way but I thought it was odd it changed. I suppose we will wait a little bit and see when AES is announced.

Note that for those who wait on AES decisions, you may need to contact admission to see if they really get your SAT/ACT scores. In Orion, under Application To-Do List, it shows only
“SAT/ACT Score or Applying Without Test Score”.

UTD may admit student by rank from high school transcript, they may not have your SAT scores. My kid last year missed out the AES (top 2%, 1520/1580 SAT) didn’t know until April that UTD didn’t have her SAT scores, UTD only awarded her $3K last year and she declined the admission and opted for other school.

UTD is trying its best in improving the status with new dorms, throwing in a lot of money on CS program, and expanding the pre-med school. The practice of AES is not long term though, a university cannot sustain good students by buying the national scholars.

It is indeed ironic that showing SSN but not the SAT score showing lack of data security and information.

1 Like