UT Dallas Class of 2027 - Admission Discussion

Are you in state or out of state ? I applied on December 8th and haven’t heard back from them yet. I am OOS BTW.

whats your major ?

Looking on Reddit last year, looks like invites for CS² went out in the second half of March.

Computer Science

1 Like

In state.

Thank you!

Anyone got AES decision who was admitted after November 20?

How much time it takes to get the decision. Anyone OOS who got admitted ? I applied on December 8th and haven’t heard yet

I applied on OCT-4 and got my decision on DEC-17,

Their website says 6-8 weeks but generally it takes longer.

I called addmission office after 7 weeks and asked about my decision they said to wait and then after 2 weeks i got my decision.

1 Like

What is your major ? Is it good for CS ?

I applied for CS itself and UTD is known for CS.

1 Like

Thanks, What other colleges you applied to? Are you planning to join UTD ?

If UTD provide me some scholarships i will go with UTD or else if have admits from UMaryland, Penn State, TAMU, ASU, UofA, Michigan State etc

How do the costs of the others compare and would you live on campus at UTD? Maryland CS is quite good but OOS is expensive. UTDs strength is in STEM and business. I want to get my niece to go there but it would be for education.

Well i would choose to live on campus at UTD. And exactly Maryland is very expensive for me atleast.

Are you in state ?

Nope, international student

1 Like

Which one do you think would be a better option for undergrad CS, UTD or ASU ?

ASU for sure if it is affordable to you.

1 Like

My son applied to both UTD and ASU – both similar salary outcomes, both ranked similarly (middle of the top 100 in CS), both giant programs (top 10 in size). Very different universities in feel, however – that and cost should be much more a deciding factor between the two than any small differences in their CS programs.

1 Like