UVA Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

My daughter goes to a very competive high school magnet program and was deferred ED. Even though her mid-year grades were straight As, I knew there was basicallly no chance for her to get in during RD. We are in state. I am just hoping she makes it to the waiting list as she will strongly consider the UVA Wise option. She also has an excellent offer with significant merit aid from a state school in another state.

3 Likes

I know it seems like it, but the top kids (at least in VA) always apply EA.

2 Likes

I think he’s saying that it may result in the same extremely high stat kids being accepted everywhere. It’s actually that way this year for our HS too. The two kids accepted EA are not going.

4 Likes

Sharing a similar experience with you. My daughter got deferred in EA. She is from a magnet program, an NMF with SAT 1530, 4.67 GPA, varsity girl’s volleyball captain, owns a successful small business. It’s so frustrating to see less competitive kids in her class got accepted but she has to face the impossible acceptance rate in the deferred pool. I don’t understand why not pool the deferred with the RD. The moral of the story is never to apply UVA in EA. It would be much better situation in either ED or RD

8 Likes

Plenty of kids with great stats apply RD.

1 Like

What time do RD decisions come out?

2 Likes

They are out. My EA Deferred OOS DD was waitlisted.

5 pm. They are out.

But . . . she got in EA to Michigan so GO BLUE!

8 Likes

Same for my son.

1 Like

Son was deferred EA and now waitlisted. (OOS)

1 Like

OOS daughter was deferred EA and just got accepted! So happy for her ! After being waitlisted at UNC this was much needed :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Son was EA deferred. Rejected. 1540, 4.53, NMF, OOS legacy, and sister is currently attending.

2 Likes

OOS daughter (NC) was waitlisted, 4.0 unweighted, 4.5 weighted, 34 ACT, average extracurriculars, valedictorian, plans to study computer science

1 Like

She did get into Virginia Tech regular decision

6 Likes

D22 was waitlisted. We are pretty happy about that! :slight_smile: Although not many people get in off the waitlist at UVA, so we aren’t holding our breath. But she still accepted her spot on it just in case.
OOS
4.53 weighted
3.98 uw
Excellent extracurriculars (international elite athlete, entrepreneur, community service)
Strong essays

3 Likes

OOS S22 was deferred EA and waitlisted. Kind of feels like a win!

4 Likes

OOS daughter was accepted RD for neuroscience. She got the email 5 minutes after the waitlist email from Villanova… and I’m an alum of Villanova. So it’s safe to say that not a lot about the process this year makes a lot of sense to me. Probably best to chalk it up to ridiculously competitive applicant pools and the added ambiguities of test optional.

Either way, she is thrilled about the UVA opportunity!

10 Likes

My daughter got waitlisted in state with the UVA wise offer! She wants to do it. So excited after the deferral

8 Likes

I saw your post on Nova CC. Congrats to your daughter! Maybe it’s true what they say…everything works out for a reason.

2 Likes