UVA EA 2026 thread

We are waiting on the same!

I believe the 22nd for that one

keep in mind it is only 7% increase in apps… they had a similar increase in apps the year before and gave decisions on feb 5 and for UVA finished ahead of schedule for ED this year.

7 Likes

I am very stressed out as well, We are waiting for this one and VA TECH. My son has already been admitted to CNU and JMU. The waiting is the worst

2 Likes

Full disclosure - this is my first time through this process as my oldest is a senior, so I don’t have tons of knowledge on this.

But, since Dean J is posting cutesy TikTok’s with her dog saying it’s not today everyday until it is the day - I would assume that can’t go on for more than a few days because then it wouldn’t be so cute anymore. They know kids and families are anxiously awaiting this news and having those posts go on for a week or more I think is highly unlikely. That would only lead to annoyance. Of course that’s just my opinion. That leads me to believe it will be this Friday.

7 Likes

Her TikTok’s are really well done. I hadn’t thought about it that way but agree, this likely can’t go for weeks.

3 Likes

OK, so this is STRICTLY RUMOR and I have ZERO evidence that it’s true. That acknowledged, I think I’d rather hear any potential move of the needle than crickets, so you need to judge for yourself:

We live in Charlottesville and DD texted at noon saying the LOCAL GRAPEVINE IS ON FIRE because kids working at UVA have gotten word that EAs will release THIS FRIDAY 7PM.

AGAIN,

5 Likes

Again, I cannot confirm this. It is strictly rumor so take it for what it’s worth, PLEASE.

2 Likes

10000% percent. Heard from all other schools. Really waiting on VT in our house!

2 Likes

Definitely this Friday per Dean J on TikTok. No time given.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/UVAadmission/status/1488965975399616512?s=20&t=7S8pnaza6ED0dtHHbzQ0Gw

Typically the results are posted around 5pm EST.

12 Likes

you were right about Friday!

2 Likes

I did not expect it this early I need to mentally prepare

4 Likes

Knew it!

Excited for Friday!! Did anyone’s UVA portal go blank this afternoon? All the documents are gone and there are just 4 lines across now above where it says Upload Materials? Hoping that’s not a bad sign - like she’s been deleted!! LOL

1 Like

mine is the same

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s because they are uploading decisions these next two days

2 Likes

also, did anyone apply test optional?

Mine went blank as well. Only thing on my portal is Upload Materials and Request to Withdraw. I’m thinking this is not a good sign … yikes!

My D22 OOS applied state optional.

1 Like