UVA EA 2026 thread

Deferred in-state, test-optional from a top public school in NOVA. According to Navinace, 100+ people applied, we had 4 acceptances so far from EA and 3 from ED. Hoping my ED2 works so I can withdraw!!

Hang in there. All will work out.

How many acceptances have you guys had from the past? From Naviance.

Last year we had 27 acceptances from 99 applications, and the year before 18 from 77.

1 Like

Fascinating. Consistent with the dramatic reduction occurring at lots of schools from lots of different colleges.

My guess is that those numbers go back up through RD / deferral acceptance. Good luck. You will be fine.

Assuming ED2 is WF?

Just had to reach out and say-I feel you.
Last year my older son got the big WL from Virginia Tech in the EA round. I know they got lots and apps and so on, but it was shocking and stung (and I was a little bitter as an alum!) My son had graduate with a GPA well above match, with his associates from Virginia Western (STEM program.) We did determine later that he applied to a newer major that was very restricted…so it helpful to have some of reason, but I still felt like what the heck!!! It’s our state school- not even most selective and he didn’t get in. He was varsity sport for 4 years in two sports, captains, awesome work history (started his own company, for real.) (BTW, he also got into W&M, W&L and Richmond) It seemed really unfair. But I do believe sometimes things work out the way the work out for a reason…he ended up OOS at a less selective school with an awesome scholarship. And he is really happy there! Wishing the best for you and just want to say- I get where you are coming from!

3 Likes

Wesleyan in CT!

2 Likes

Respectfully, I don’t agree with your argument. One, Virginia does have other state school which are less “elite” so that is an option for students. If the students answer to being rejected from UVA is to go OOS to Mich, I would say that the student is seeking elite school status. Unfortunately, the way the rankings determine some of this whole “elite thing” that parents desire comes hand in hand with turning away students. Making an elite school serve every student that knocks on the door…will essentially make it not an elite school. And don’t get me wrong, you are talking to a Mom that had her kid (with really good stats) get WL at Virginia Tech last year. I felt similar; my state school should serve my deserving student…but I was also looking at a school with a closer to 60-70 admit rate. Other VA public schools (W&M, JMU, Longwood) did admit him. VA kids are lucky to have a chance at a public “elite” school. There are lots of great schools in VA beyond UVA.

3 Likes

I hate to ask this: can someone explain how this site works. :innocent:
On my view, I see replies to posts but they are not connected to the thread they are responding to. I can only see the name of the person.
I find it very confusing.
Do I have to change a setting or something?

2 Likes

You can click on the name of the person being replied to and it will reveal the relevant message. It’s not the most user-friendly.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when Financial Aid information will come out for those admitted EA? I thought I saw something about it, but now can’t find.

How do I see a PM that I sent to someone?

March 31

1 Like

I don’t know the answer to that one! I have never sent a PM on this platform.

Do you know what the bright green (left of profile) and light blue (right of profile) mean?

My nephew went to Cornell and loved it!

No idea!

I will send you a PM to show you. Click on the green circle to get to the messages (or click on your avatar and the envelope gets you to messages (to read or create)).

A green circle and number by your profile avatar means someone sent you a PM. A blue circle and number means there are new posts in a thread you are following.

Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

No green circle.

You only have a green circle if someone sends you a private message. I just sent you one.