UVA EA / ED Fall 2023

Understood. It probably would suffice to say that UVA typically only accepts a small percentage of those OOS applicants who are deferred.

Thank you for all of the time, energy, and effort you devote to making UVA’s admissions process as transparent as possible. It is truly appreciated.

1 Like

The deferral trend makes sense given that the overall pool of students hasn’t grown but number of applications is up significantly pretty much everywhere, no one knows how the game of musical chairs will end (will it be more like 2022 or 2020?). Also happy to see an in stat acceptance rate not much changed from last year, doesn’t benefit my student, but nice to see.

4 Likes

Sounds a lot like my DS’s NOVA high school… he rolls his eyes at the emphasis on sports…

3 Likes

Does anyone know what time decisions will be out?

1 Like

5PM EST. Good luck to all.

3 Likes

is there any portal astrology that show signs of admittance like there was for Georgia Tech or other schools?

2 Likes

Sometime after 5 pm. Will depend on when the technical people get everything loaded.

I believe the Dean said there is no portal astrology. Noticed that the “Withdraw application” option no longer appears on the portal. I assume this is the same for everyone?

yea i dont have that option

1 Like

does anybody have the option to withdraw their application? I think if you have the option to withdraw, it indicates a deferral

Test scores gone too…the only thing on portal is an option to “Upload Materials”

2 Likes

same

1 Like

Wouldn’t an option to withdraw indicate either deferral or acceptance? We’re expecting rejection (OOS) so this would be consistent.

1 Like

i think it would indicate a deferral. for an acceptance or denial, the decision has already been made, so you wouldn’t be able to withdraw. Something similar happened in Yale’s REA portal

1 Like

The question is, does anyone still have the option to withdraw now?

3 Likes

My checklist and test scores are gone. All that’s there is an ability to upload materials.

Does anyone still see their checklist (listing all of the application materials and date submitted)? Mine is gone. I read in prior years’ threads that if the checklist is gone, I will be denied. That seems right. Anyone still see the checklist?

I think the checklist is gone for everybody

I think there are 4 questions:

Do you have:

1. Checklist
  2. Test Scores
  3. Option to Upload Materials
  4. Option to Withdraw.

I have #3 only.

From: Notes from Peabody: The UVA Application Process: #UVA Early Action Update

Why is the portal changing? Is it a sign of my decision?
The portal will look a little different throughout the day as the technical team prepares for the release. The changes are not tied to your decision.

9 Likes

same… I think the changes are the same for everybody as Dean J said