UVA EA / ED Fall 2023

Rejected OOS Neuroscience

1 Like

Accepted. In state

3 Likes

Sibling OOS accepted CS major, ACT 32, 4 APs, 12 dual enrollment courses, Georgia Tech DE distance math program for linear algebra and calculus. No competition awards or academic extra currics but has work experience and played a sport. Super proud! Unsure where she will pick.

2 Likes

Daughter denied
In state-competitve HS in Loudoun County
38/470 rank, top 8%
4.5W
7APs, 1 DE
TO
Good essay and supps
Good ECs

Not surprised but a little disappointed for her, but she will land where she’s supposed to be. Proud of her. Congrats to all those accepted!!

8 Likes

Is it rare to get OOS deferral?

1 Like

20%+ deferred

1 Like

3 Likes

last year the acceptance letter had confetti

5 Likes

Rejected OOS
#2 in class, 35 ACT, 1460 SAT, 4.89 W
7 APs (all 5s), 2 dual credits in engineering coursework
Varsity captain for two sports, national award winner for multiple ECs
Not surprised, but still bummed

2 Likes

my acceptance letter didn’t have any confetti or anything, thought it was a deferral or denial at first glance

2 Likes

So sorry! I really think major has a lot to do with it. Engineering is such a competitive major.

1 Like

Daughter Accepted
In State
Engineering
GPA: 4.0/4 UW 4.60 W (now 3.98uw/4.63w)
Class Rank 1/368 (now 2/377)
Test Optional
Attends Public HS along with Governor School for Science and Technology for 11/12 math and science
9 AP credits, 8 DE credits (AP grade weight), 12 H credits
Calc BC, Multivariable Calc, Linear Algebra, College Calculus based Physics, Research Mentorship
NHS, Tri-M, ITS
ECs: Show Choir, Theater, Aerial Silks, Summer Internship, Animal shelter volunteer

Had a bit of a scare when she didn’t get an email until 5:30 and could get into her portal.

3 Likes

I remember that too. It was a nice touch!

Deferred OOS

Son Accepted
In State
Engineering
GPA: 3.99 UW 4.33 UW
School doesn’t rank
1510 SAT
AP Phys 2 and AP Calc BC are his top science and math and highest the HS offers
Structural Engineering 4 month internship
ECs: Eagle Scout, lots of varsity sports, musical theatre, summer job

Personally I think his essays were really good and I’m fairly certain he had excellent LORs

3 Likes

Quick question: If I got in today through EA, can I add an update to my application for consideration to the scholars programs, or is it too late? Thank you!!

1 Like

DD Accepted!
OOS
Engineering
Valedictorian 1/280
4.0 UW
National Merit Recognition Scholar
ACT 35
12 AP
Two Varsity sports and 2 X State Qualifier
Many leadership positions
Community Service

I don’t usually post on these threads but this was her stretch school and I really appreciated those who posted stats to gauge chances. She’s excited but is waiting to see if any merit will come. She has some really great financial incentives at some other schools. Good luck to all!

8 Likes

Congratulations. Seems with those stats she could go anywhere she wants! Good job!!

2 Likes

My DS, was rejected as a “non-Virginian,” but he was born and raised in Virginia. Is this how homeschoolers are identified? I seem to recall a homeschooled classmate last year also listed as a “non-Virginian.”

1 Like

Accepted OOS!! 4.45W/4.0UW, 10 APs, good ECs and awards, national merit scholar, decent essays

6 Likes