UVA EA / ED Fall 2023

Basically looking at the results for any school in the top 20 or so with acceptance rates in the 20’s (and those are from self-selected applicants, so only 2x% of very qualified students get accepted), I am no longer “surprised” when any student gets deferred, wait listed or rejected.

Obviously, if your student got in, it would not be surprising at all, they are well qualified to go to any school. But I think probably half of the 55,000 applicants to UVA will boast somewhat similar stats and only half of those will get in (my estimate).

It is frustrating though, having to pay out of state or private school tuition to a school that is equally competitive when there’s a great in state option. I’m glad that they like UNC and Duke… love the school that loves you back.

2 Likes

Did you get into Duke and UNC? Those are great options, so congratulations! I’m assuming if you already heard from Duke it was ED so you committed (and not sure why you wouldn’t have withdrawn your UVA app?)

2 Likes

does the echols scholarship give any financial aid?

1 Like

no.

It’s just honors - special dorm (actually not special but housing with other Echols - when I went it was one of the new dorms, suite style but things may have changed) and maybe priority in class registration? I can’t recall but no monetary benefits.

1 Like

Anyone got the Echols scholarship?

nope! i only saw one person on Reddit :confused:

Nothing here. No email. No update on portal

3 Likes

Unlike other honors programs- UVAs Echols and rodmans is very small and not many people are invited to it, very selective.

Surprised that no one on this thread got it.

DD got Rodman

5 Likes

Congrats!! Is it an extra update on portal? How does it look like?

She got an email

1 Like

Email at 5:02. Nothing new on my portal.

1 Like

Son just texted me from Mock Trial Competition, his school won and he got Echols.

6 Likes

Congrats!! Instate or out of state?

2 Likes

He is OOS.

If you can share the stats

1 Like

Just got an email that I was selected for Rodman Scholars!

6 Likes

Congrats!! Stats please

1 Like