UVA Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

No updates. ED was scheduled for mid December they came a week early. My guess is 2/4 for EA decisions

3 Likes

If they follow last year’s EA formula. The notification came out on Thursday afternoon (Feb 4 around 2 pm) and the results came out on Friday (Feb 5). There is still a chance it may be tomorrow.

thank you! i am hoping for an earlier decision rather than a later one for sure!

also, can anyone chance me? i am an OOS student so i am not sure what the odds of me getting in are.
GPA - 3.7UW, 4.5W
Classes - 13 AP’s (3’s, 4’s, 5’s), 10 honors, 3 electives.
Clubs - 9 clubs, most notably NHS and NEHS (public relations officer and vice president).
Sports - four-year Varisty cheerleader (captain one year as well), on both of my school’s cheer competitive teams, one year of Varsity swimming, allstar cheerleading for 8 years.
300+ volunteer hours, worked a coaching job for one year, was a student aide in my school’s special education room for four years, went test-optional.

Peabody just announced that the ea decisions will def come out in February, so no chance until next week.

1 Like

Thanks.

Sharing link:

1 Like

does anyone know the most recent EA acceptance rate for out-of-state applicants?

1 Like

From “Notes from Peabody” last Feb.

The Office of Institutional Research and Analytics is the source of all official statistics about UVA. They take a census to determine the final statistics for the class. You can see official admission data in the data digest part of their website.

Early Action Applications

Total number of Early Action applications: 28,897 (25,160 last year)
Total number of VA apps: 7,849

Total number of OOS apps: 21,048
We use completed applications in our statistics.

Early Action Offers

Overall offers: 6,186
Total VA offers: 2,380 (30% offer rate)
Total OOS offers: 3,806 (18% offer rate)
Enrollment Goal: ~3,750
It’s misleading to average these offer rates together because residency is a major factor in our review. If you are going to share these numbers, cite BOTH offer rates.

Early Action Defers

Overall defers: 7,185 (25%)
Total VA defers: 2,098
Total OOS defers: 5,087
Read more about deferral here (this link is in all defer letters).

1 Like

Note that UVA had over 31K EA apps this year,
in comparison to 28.9K last year.
So I would guess under 18% OOS acceptance rate.

Peabody:
“A record 50,813 students applied for first-year admission to UVA.
The Early Decision group was the smallest, at just under 3,500 applicants.
The Early Action group is the largest, at just over 31,000 applicants.
The RD group is around 16,000.”

the year before they had 25k Early apps and the OOS acceptance rate was 15%. so last year the the pool increased and so did the acceptance rate

1 Like

Accepted more students ED this year than last…so expect accepted percentages to decline both IS and OOS

they also under enrolled last year and had to pull 900 people of the waiting list so they may take it into account this year. Either way OOS will be between 15-20%

1 Like

great thank you so much!

i am really hoping UVA works out! i am OOS and i’m curious how much it’ll affect me in the end

That was the year before with Covid and gap years. Last year according to Dean Js blog they took almost no one off the waitlist. We followed that very closely because I had one that was on it :-). She does publish the number of people taken off the waitlist every year around waitlist time so it will be interesting to see what that number is. It varies from 10 in some years to 900 plus in 2020.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if there’s an EA thread? I can’t find one?

1 Like

I think this is it

Sorry I think there is one called UVA EA

The ED one sorta of morphed into the EA thread after Dec. I truly believe we will know on Friday eve.

There is a UVA EA 2026 thread.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like