UVA Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

same here

1 Like

Same

I’ve seen you on so many threads seems like we both applied to common places good luck I hope you get in!!

1 Like

Thank you, likewise!

1 Like

Thought I’d share about me:

College: The College of New Jersey / Out of State
Incoming Class: Junior
GPA: 3.900 w/ 3.93 Major GPA & 4.0 Minor
Strong Essay & EC’s & Recc from Research Mentor/Professor of Psych
Major: Psychology & Philosophy
HS: Average Scores w/ 3 AP’S

Anyone applying to McIntire?

Just sharing my stats to see what ya’ll think my chances are–

College: small liberal arts college in WV (approx 600 students) attended a year for research and to step out of my comfort zone.
Incoming class: Sophmore (in-state)
GPA: 4.0
Credits: 48 institutional credits and 9 high school AP classes
Major: Economics intending to double major in Politics
HS: avg 3.5 GPA
ECs - President and founder of the largest club in college. (Investment club with 25k in assets).

Did economic research study which including a human study of 25 students over a 3-month long period (published).

Student government senator.

Class tutor.

Worked with local schools to help students understand finance and how to invest at a younger age in rural American towns.

Worked with an international nonprofit organization to translate documentaries and speeches for 5 years including this year with 50 members across the world collaborating for an event that was viewed live by over 5 million people worldwide.

Director of an international organization that works with marginalized kids around the globe to steer them towards the world of STEM.

Awards - Presidents List, top-of-the-class freshmen.

Recommendations - Math department chair, Finance Department chair and theology prof (went to Yale and Harvard).

Essay - 9.5/10 - worked with a college counselor with 15 years of experience.

Also, the first person in the family to graduate high school and first-gen college student. Lived in Nepal, Dubai, and DC. Refugee in America because the Chinese communist party took over our house in Nepal and threatened our lives.

Accepted into VT (Pamplin)
Rejected NU
Waiting on UVA, Columbia, Yale, Upenn

Wait you can apply as a third year? This is your 6th semester right?

My bad I meant Ill be an incoming third year.

1 Like

Still haven’t gotten an SIS email, should I be worried? Still have my login info from last year but not sure if they are suppsoed to send new info this time around?

sis is the same as ur last year one u wont get a new one

1 Like

I applied to McIntire @VALOVER111

The waiting is killing me!

I also haven’t gotten a request for an interview. First time I’ve even heard of McIntire transfer interviews is on this forum.

5 more days left! Wait is friggin’ killing me

5 Likes

Are the results confirmed to come out this Friday?

I’m not sure has someone asked?

It’s only been confirmed that they’ll be released by May 1. In past years, they’ve been released days before.

1 Like

So they can come out any day?

In the comments section of the most recent transfer blog post they said May 1st or Earlier. They also expected a similar amount of acceptance (1086 seats last year) this year.

Do you think it’ll be before this Friday?

Last year it came out on May 1st which was a Friday, in 2019 it came out of May 3rd which is a Friday, and in 2018 it came out on May 4th which is a Friday. So it seems to me that, due to the pattern, it will be released on April 30th which is a Friday, or, latest, and highly unlikely, May 7th.