UVA Fall 2021 Transfer Thread

I have it too! Did you apply for aid this year? I only applied last year (my senior year of high school)

Yea i applied for aid this year and I did last year out of high school too (was rejected)! It also asks for tax forms in my to do list

Huh interesting. I don’t have anything in my to do list maybe because I didn’t apply for this year…?

yea that adds up!! I do still see my test scores tho (ACT) back from when I sent it out of high school

Yep, I only have my AP scores but they’re still visible as well. Not sure if its a good/bad sign, we’ll only find out come April 30/May 1

1 Like

Regardless they do VCC first because they have to accept certain VCC applicants. They may do OOS and Instate together because they don’t have a quota I believe but since it’s such a big factor I assume they do it separately just to make it easier.

Don’t stress there is still a very real chance you got in. We are only half way to hearing back, chances are they just haven’t gotten to your application yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did in state before oos. Seems like they obviously prioritize in state over oos since last year the in state admit rates were twice as high as oos

It’s a public state university so they have to but I believe in Virginia there is no legally set quota like at UNC so it might vary but I know they keep it to about 66-75% instate.

gotcha. applying as an oos student I know my chances are already low to begin with so hoping for the best and to see inquiry access denied in the next few weeks

Financial aid now says inquiry access denied and I didn’t even apply for financial aid. What do we think this means?

Probably accepted or waitlisted but the numbers usually favor accepted so congrats. However you will only fully know when decisions come out.

Were we supposed to send our test scores ourselves or is it just what we filled out on the common app?

Anyone applying from community college under the 2 year agreement not see their test scores/see inquiry access denied???

Hey, no worries, I applied under the community college deal and I can’t see any of my scores yet and my stats were way higher than what they expect. I think we just gotta wait a lil bit its only been one day haha.

1 Like

So I think right now it could be alphabetical. My last name starts with M and I’m instate and I see nothing.

I don’t think so. I know someone with a last name that appears later than yours and they see SIS indicators - they’re instate as well.

My last name begins with an A, I go to an instate community college, and I haven’t seen any indicators. On the other hand, I submitted my financial aid forms only yesterday. Either way, I would not be surprised if I have been rejected.

Did anyone who applied springtime not submit their current courses? I realized I submitted my transcript but I’m unsure if it had my current courses so today I’ll submit a midterm report and pray that it’s enough.

Is financial aid the same thing as FAFSA? I didn’t apply for Financial Aid but did submit the FAFSA. Just wondering if that will affect the status of the Inquiry indicator, because mine still has the same “You have no awards yet” and I’m worried I got rejected.